This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Entrepreneur
Wedding industry

Hi there,

I work making handmade wedding stationery and favours. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips about what's the best way of marketing this business/ how long it takes to get a response from an advert and basically just any other tips and ideas people might have?

My site is www.adore-design.co.uk I'm actually in the process of working out changes I would like to make so if anyone has any things they think could be changed/ don't like. Even the designs... Please feel free to comment! So hard getting true comments from friends and family.
Connector
you may want to contact some of the wedding organisers and event management companies as they are always looking for services like yours and preferably like the company they use to be unique.
You could also go on to forums that deal with organising weddings and respond to questions, advertise in your signiture.
Also....wedding fairs see if you can leave your flyers around for a small fee or even get yourself a stall??

Good luck!
Connector
Hello and welcome to the forum!

Wow i really like the site its lovely! Well done.

I like your designs they are simple but effective.

Great advice from Rachael.

I was going to suggest hitched website, i understand they have a forum but you already have the link on your website.

Have you tried approaching wedding shops leaving some business cards,etc?

The only thing that i did spot is the delivery charge of £10 seems to be a bit steep?

"Make no small plans for they have no power to stir the soul." (Niccolo Machiavelli)

www.marveewoods.com
Marvee Woods Music
Talented songwriter
Connector
Hello & welcome,

Get to wedding fairs and the like, we have loads going on at the moment around my parts, mainly in hotels & wedding reception locations & they all have stands (some just tables with sheets over) with everything to do with weddings.

On a side note, some of your site does not display on a 800*600 screen resolution size (see attached snap shot I have just done) & the site wont start in my mozilla internet browser for some reason?

Just thought you should know :-)
Attached Images
File Type: gif adoresnapshot.gif (73.7 KB, 71 views)

-----
Email/PM me for link exchanges on the above sites
Entrepreneur
Hi there,

Thanks for that. To be honest, I've advertised in all of these places. All to varying degrees of success. The £10 delivery charge in reality doesn't even vaguely cover the cost of delivering but maybe I should just take it out and sell the fact it's free P&P if that's going to be more appealing...?
Entrepreneur
Hi Ben,

Thanks for that... slightly worrying that it can't be completely viewed all the time. I'm sure that's something I spoke to my website guy about before and he said there wasn't a problem but quite clearly... what a nuisance!

Thanks though!
Connector
What delivery method are you using?
How are you packaging them?
I mean i've sent some quite large things through the post by Royal mail 1st class recorded delivery and it wouldn't come to no more than £5.00 which leaves £5 for packaging not sure how you'll pack them but i just thought it was a bit steep.
Say if someone ordered 20 invites would you still charge £10 delivery as to someone ordering 50 invites.

"Make no small plans for they have no power to stir the soul." (Niccolo Machiavelli)

www.marveewoods.com
Marvee Woods Music
Talented songwriter
Entrepreneur
Hi there,

I send my products by special delivery. That way I get a signature to prove delivery. This tends to cost at least £6 and anything up to £20. I just wouldn't trust first class to get it there on time and unbroken!

I wouldn't charge someone who wanted 20 invites £10, I would reduce it accordingly but to be honest my orders tend to be large enough that this isn't an issue. I will certainly take this on board. What would you suggest? £6.95?
Connector
Yes i understand about the whole delivery thing.
Why don't you put for smaller delivery's £x amount (£6.95) then anything above x amount will cost £10, so that way your also apealing to the smaller orders.
Good luck

www.marveewoods.com
Marvee Woods Music
Talented songwriter