This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

business bank accounts

i am 19 and in the process of setting up a business...

however is it possible to set up a business bank account when your 19? i dont require an over draft. i Just want to be able to have a business bank account to process orders and be able to take cheques or my business name etc
Maven
Moby,

Shouldn't be a problem so long as your credit record is OK.

Try Abbey for a good deal - free banking for small businesses up to a certain number of transactions. Most others will charge you for each cheque cashed or written.
Connector
Did the banks say it would be a problem?

Vending Solutions from Vendesent.co.uk
Connector
your over 18 so theres no reason you shouldnt be able to open one!!
Maven
Hi Moby

as long as you are 18 or over you can apply for a business account so it should not be a problem. However even though you are not borrowing money they will still credit check you and most work on a points scoring system of some kind. The only thing that I thought might work against you only being 19 is that you have very little in the way of a credit history. Not that i'm saying this will be a problem just something I thought of. Although I begrudge recommending the Abbey account because I have worked for them - and generally found them quite incompetent in many ways - their free banking for life offer is quiet good and a lot of people on this forum seem very happy with their service. The Bank of Scotland/Halifax group have just started a similar deal although I don't know the full details it may be worth looking at as well.

good luck with the plans