This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Maven
Website Updated - Your Views?

Hello friends,

It has been a while since i posted on this site, mainly because we have been so busy trying to design a new website as we were bored with the old "cold" blue design.

Anyway if you could have a quick look at www.funky-fashion.co.uk and let me know what you think i would really appreciate it, we are also set to branch out from t-shirts in the next few weeks and start selling some funky shoulder bags which is really exciting!

Hope you are all well and that your businesses are going well, as you can see from our site we have sold out of most products over summer due to demand, now we are just waiting for the suppliers to get more stock in as they have a shortage.

I suppose it goes to show that we should stock up next summer and that we have definately learnt from our mistakes!

Speak to you all soon,

Adam
Funky Fashion
www.funky-fashion.co.uk
Connector
Hi Adam,

Site looks great! Easy to nav, clean, all the info is where you need it!

The only thing I would change is the dots over some of the graphics, it would look better without these in my opinion:
http://www.funky-fashion.co.uk/index_files/image003.gif

Good luck with everything, some nice gear......bo selecta!

Any discounts for Shell users? ;-)

Rgds,
Ben.

-----
Email/PM me for link exchanges on the above sites
Maven
Cheers Ben,

Any ideas how i could make the image seem more clearer? Would i need to change it to a bitmap file or change the resolution somehow?

As soon as we are stocked up with fresh goods i'll sort out some discount for the livewires, not sure how i'll work out a discount though!

Regards,

Adam
Funky Fashion
www.funky-fashion.co.uk
Connector
Sounds good.

Your website says "Funky Fashion is one of Europe's largest suppliers of fully licensed music and character products based in the UK" that's great - you did that in a very short space of time.

Vending Solutions from Vendesent.co.uk
Maven
For some reason not alot of t-shirt companies seem to supply to Europe as far as our business planning went we found only 2 or 3 that shipped overseas, even our suppliers don't ship overseas.

I think one of the main reasons is the amount of fraud as it is harder to do security checks on overseas orders, but touching wood we haven't recieved any chargebacks on any purchase we have dispatched yet.

Just out of interest (and a bit of topic) those who sell products - how do you deal with fraud/suspicious orders or do you leave this to worldpay, protx, etc? We use 192.com and Bt.com to check orders and also check that there have been no previous orders with a different name at that address, we also like to call the customer if possible to check the details are correct.

Regards,

Adam
Funky Fashion
www.funky-fashion.co.uk
Connector
_
Very nice site...slick and easy to navigate. Can I ask though, just out of interest, how much does the licencing tend to cost? You can email this info if you like!

Cheers,

Mark
Connector
Hi Adam,

I love the website!

Oh my god... BUTTON MOON and FRAGLE ROCK i loved those programs bring them back i say..

I'm still thinking if i'd wear a t.shirt maybe if it was pink!! LOL

Its great though.

"Make no small plans for they have no power to stir the soul." (Niccolo Machiavelli)

www.marveewoods.com
Marvee Woods Music
Talented songwriter
Maven
Hello Livewires,

Thanks for the nice replies but someone out there must have something to pick at - any idea what i could do to make it better and more appealing!

In the next few months we are hoping to add more dangermouse t-shirts and also hoodies and offer the choice of what colour you want on some of the products, do you think it would make the site more informative if we were to add a forum and maybe information on each character?

Eagle, the basic guidelines if you were selling items off the web or in retail are that the company who hold the license for a character would expect an advance and a royalty. i.e. an advance against sales and then the royalty would kick in once that advance had been worked off. Hope this helps.

Natasha, you have good taste - this is the reason we setup our website because we loved these programmes, hopefully getting lots of t-shirts back in at the end of the month, i'll see if we can get some pink ones just for you!

Regards,

Adam
Funky Fashion
www.funky-fashion.co.uk
Connector
_
Thanks, Adam.
Connector
Rrrrrr thanks Adam.

Oh my god just saw TRAP DOOR too wow...
The only thing i can pick at about the site was the products images i would like to see a more detailed shot of the pictures on the t-shirts.
I think yes the info on the programes would be good, yes and maybe a forum where everybody can chat about their childhood memories of thier fav programes.
Let us know when you got some more stock in.

"Make no small plans for they have no power to stir the soul." (Niccolo Machiavelli)

www.marveewoods.com
Marvee Woods Music
Talented songwriter
Connector
Hi Adam,

Great site. There is a bit that says "Where did you about us?"

I am assuming this should read, "Where did you hear about us?"

Natasha beat me to the forum idea. It's a good one, will keep the customers coming back.

Good luck for the future!

Jamie Miller
Active Sports Ltd
Distributors of Powerball
How Fast Can You Spin It....?
Connector
Okay, some ideas...

1. The site does not scream "stop me and buy one"

- Try getting a fit bird wearing a really tight one showing as much flesh as possible for the t-shirts aimed at blokes on the front page. Similar with a geezer for the women.

2. Add more colour carefully so certain bits like key messages stand out.

3. How about an animation of different styles at the top?

4. Split your product lists in to categories and go for emotion. Baddies / Heroes etc.

5. The first page is more than 1 screen deep so George and Kermit fall off the bottom. I am 1280x768 or whatever so make the screen smaller.

6. On the product page show normal people wearing them - get your mates to try them on and go somewhere relevant to photo. A beach on rocks for fragle rock. A factory with big machinery for Transformers etc.

7. Add some copy "Robots in disguise? Now you can desguise yourself as an all singing all dancing TRANSFORMER FAN!" - Copy an example only and needs work!

Just some thoughts.

Vending Solutions from Vendesent.co.uk
Connector
Good points by Adam.

I would also add, for a company called Funky Fashion, your logo is bland and boring, something a bit spicier would be better.

And I'd like to see better (and bigger) images of your t-shirts, both on the 'section' pages and also on the specific t-shirt page (maybe drop the full shirt and just show the image on it so it can be bigger).

88template.co.uk - the easiest way to get a professional looking web site, cheap

List Books - Buy and sell your second-hand books commission free.
Connector
Quote:
Try getting a fit bird wearing a really tight one showing as much flesh as possible for the t-shirts aimed at blokes on the front page. Similar with a geezer for the women.
LOL

I can just imagine it now, some gorgeous, hot guy with a six pack......(and that isn't the beer guys) with a button moon t.shirt on!!!!

LOL

www.marveewoods.com
Marvee Woods Music
Talented songwriter
Connector
i can do it if you want

I'm not lazy. I just can't be arsed to do pointless things.

- syIT Amazon Tools - Increase your Amazon Associates revenue using webservices without the hassle.
- HotSpotter - UK Wireless Networking Portal
- Jam Shop - Buy quality preserves and marmalades
- Audiologue.com - Online HiFi and Home Cinema Shop