This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Maven
What price would you pay to advertise in this?

Hi,

After a bit of planning I am starting to produce a local brochure for advertising to local businesses. Its A5 size 12 pages long and printed in colour on Gloss paper. There will be only 1 business from each trade allowed. It will also be delivered to 7000 homes in the local area. Also I can add photo in at a cost of 10 (mainly used as a bargening tool i.e take the ad and ill give you a free photo.)

I have made up some discounted prices and I am going to meet 6 businesses on monday who have said they want to advertise.

The discounted prices are
Front/Back Page 170
Full Page 150
1/2 Page 80
1/4 Page 45

The full Prices will be
Front 20
Back 220
Full Page 200
1/2 110
1/4 60

We will offer 10% discount if you book for 3 months and 20% if you book for 6 Months.

Dose this sound like a good deal?
Would you use a service like this?

we will be delivering it every 4 weeks
Connector
obviously i haven't seen the brochure, or know the area, but i would say that your prices were just a little too high. maybe bring them down by 10-15%.

of course if all your advertising space is sold quickly, then you might find you can charge new customers a higher rate.

G
I work on the Internet so I'd have to compare those prices with current Internet advertising rates.

For instance the 170 would buy me around 15 guaranteed sales on our affiliate marketing program + more unsuccessful leads + brand awareness.

It could also get me in the region of 700 very qualified leads via Google Adsense.

When you put things into that sort of perspective can those prices compete?
Maven
We know for web advertising this can get a lot but dont forget this will be aimed at Taxi companies, hair dressers and Plumbers etc. Its for local businesses to advertise localy. But thanks for the input.

Cheers
Entrepreneur
It's a good idea, but, one business from each trade? what if you advertise a business who are cowboys/girls? you won't convince people your giving trustworthy ads through their door, they'll probably just throw it in the bin if they get a bad experience, unless YOU can GUARANTEE that every business is good? can you do that? and how?