This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Go Back   Shell LiveWIRE Discussion Forums > Shell LiveWIRE

Maven
DVD rental store online Prebook and Browse service - functionality versus image

Hi

The following link is a demo of what I could potentially add to our Movie Machine service. Movie Machine is an automated DVD rental machine.

Basically works in a similar fashion to ATM's but holds 1500 DVD's instead of cash. Browse for your film at the machine and pick it up directly from the machine. See attached photo if you're interested to see what movie machine looks like (pretty cool actually if I may say so myself).

http://www.winvideo.net/cgi-win/wvcgi.exe

Many of our customers ask if it would be possible to browse for their film online before coming down to pick it up and even better prebook it.

This piece of software will allow my customers to do just so as it is in real time and shows exactly what is in the machine at that moment. I hate what it looks like but it works fantastically well. From what I can tell I'll only be able to add my banner. Apart from that it will look close to what you see here.

You can play about with this demo to book a film if you use user ID - 2 and password - 5555. Would you mind letting me know how you would feel using this online service as a customer? It is quite an expensive piece of kit for us to buy and we won't be able to modify the code in any way apparently.

Thanks for any advice you can give

Dean (the smaller one in the photo)

You can't milk a cow with your hands in your pockets.
Maven
Sorry meant to say Demo has titles of films in Italian but just click on the title to bring you into the next section and put in password to reserve... thanks

You can't milk a cow with your hands in your pockets.
Connector
Movie machine

I had a look at the link and like you said it is very good. Your header can site nicely on the top, I hope you would be able to change the design and add banner ads, special offers etc.
I was only disappointed with one feature i thought when i clicked on the video/camcorder icon i would be viewing the movie trailer that would be a good bonus for such a software if thats what that button represents. As a movie lover i tend to read the synopsis and then watch trailers to help me make a decision.
I just started an online movie rental service more for a niche market. I am looking into how to acquire trailers for certain movies, have you got any idea?
Where do you get your rental movies?
Maven
Hi there,

We own a couple of these machines in Ireland, let me know if you need any help.

Best,
Scott