This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Entrepreneur
Problems Registering Company.

Hi, I'm not entirely sure how to register my company/company name.

I have looked at the forms and they confuse me somewhat, I have no idea which forms apply to me, or what 50% of the forms are.

There are no explinations for them that i can see, so any pointers would be an advantage.

My main job is that of an Assistant Insolvency Administratior, so I only have limited experience of the basis of business, putting Companies in to Liquidation etc.

If someone could advise of all forms I will need, and possibly some info on filling them out, would be a great advantage to me.

regards,

David.
Maven
I've not registered a company before so can't help on that front...

It may be best to use a formation company - or even better, an accountant who will form the company for you.

We use 1st Accountancy Services, a guy named Darren is the director. His email is darrenupton@1staccountancy.biz.

There is of course James Smith (Chartered Accountant) who frequents on these boards and is incredibly helpful - either accountant could form the company, provide advice and even act as company secretary if needed I'm sure...

Anyway - hope this helps

David
Starting Out
David-R - I can understand your confusion, definitely been there and done that !

I would suggest you try and familiarise yourself with the process, even if you go along the route of a Formation Company (as I did - www.formationshouse.com) or Accountant. You may find this link useful for getting your head around the various rules and regulations: http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg...cId=1073859131

Also, look carefully at whether you need to form a company at this stage. There are various obligations placed upon you once the company is up and running (as I have also come to learn!) and it is worth weighing up the pros and cons carefully.

Good luck!
Connector
David,

If you want to register your company, or 'incorporate' it so to speak you might want to try going to www.quickformations.co.uk as they can do it all for you online for about 40. it's very easy indeed and they will guide you through it.

As James Smith (resident Accountant here) will advise, it's actually easy to set up a company and register your name - it's running it correctly that's the difficult part where an accountant can provide assistance.

You can register the company name and let the company sit dormant if you just want to secure the name of course.

Clem.
Connector
I think the gang are spot on above. Tnks for the mentions.

Dont try an register one yourelf, use an agent, it isnt expensive.

And as above, before you register a company make sure:

1. This is what you really want to do
2. You have set up in the right way re shareholders, no. shares etc
3. You know what to do with it when you have got it!

I am happy to take a email/quick call to set you off in the right direction if need be.

Regards,
Entrepreneur
Thanks for all the links and advice, I'm going to do a bit of research and weigh up the pros and cons before I appoach an Accountant.

thanks again,