This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Guru
Help with image files (EPS) !!!!!!!

Hello! Sorry to interupt footie (just dropped mi bloke off at the pub-no fair!!) does anyone know what the error means..i'm trying to open up a *.EPS image file in Photoshop and this error comes up...

"could not open eps because the parser module cannot parse the file"

as you can see its pretty urgent, as I'm having to work on a SUNDAY DOH!

Hope ya'll ok :-)
Connector
error message for vector

Hi :-)

Luckily I'm on the forum because my hubby has popped off to the local Rugby club to watch the match along with other grunting men....

Was the file provided by someone else and this is the first time you are opening it? If so it os possible you cannot open the file because they have not created the 'text as outlines' and you do not own the font and this is why the file cannot be opened?

I'll just do some search engine research on that error message and may post again in a moment.

Regards

Amanda
Connector
Uncovered this question and answer on a FAQ's for a logo design companys website, which could also be the problem.

Sometimes printing companies ask me to supply .eps files as version 8 or 9 of Adobe Illustrator, instead of the version 10 I supply originally because they can't open it as they are working on older software.

MESSAGE ON FAQS>>

Q: I get the following message from my Photoshop: "Could not open the document because the parser module cannot parse the file." What is wrong?

A: All our logos are made viewable in Photoshop 3.0 and newer. If you are using an older version of Photoshop than 3.0, that could be the answer. Otherwise the logo file could be corrupt. Please contact us if you find a corrupt logo.

Hope that helps further

Regards

Amanda
Guru
Thanks Amanda!
I'm using Photoshop Version 7, therefore do you think that the file was probably created in an earlier version then etc???
Connector
file problem

I think you should be able to open older versions with a newer version of Photoshop - have you spoken to the person who created it?

Perhaps it's become corrupted in some way and they can re-save and re-send it to you?

If you want you can email it to me amanda@trulyace.com and see if I can open it in Illustrator.

Regards

Amanda