This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Connector
Idea

When I was starting a business I found it very hard to get the right information, decent advice and help from professionals. I found these forums which did help, but still there are hundreds if not thousands of people out there who search the internet day in day out for advice and information on starting their business.

I have had the idea to set up a small website, offering portions of information with regards to different aspects of business, be it catering to starting a car dealership.

This website would also have a contact section, basically where there is a list which of contacts includes people like - Accountant, Web Developer, Marketing, Promotions, Legal Advice etc.. etc..

Using this people could then contact them via e-mail or a contact system, leave a message or question then the member of the site could reply with the information / advice they require.

This of course would all be voluntary, but could help hundreds of people. Another pro to this is that it could also turn into business for the members.

What do you all think? Would you be interested? Would take a little of your time, but would be worth it! Especially if there are business leads...

Your thoughts?
Maven
I think it's a great idea. People could volunteer to describe their roles/give advice and so on. Cambridge University has a similar type system called Gradlink, which is very popular. It's a database of Cambridge alumni who are happy for Cambridge undergraduates to contact them to ask about their job.
Maven
sounds good to me. I'd be interested

There are 10 types of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont.

Self Employment -beats making the boss rich
Maven
Sounds like an excellent idea.

When i was just starting out over a year ago i found it very difficult to find help, Especially for Free.

So if this site is marketed right im sure it would be an excellent tool for all.

If there is anything you need me to do i would be happy to help

email me at bobby@badesigns.co.uk

BA Designs,
Lightning Design.
WEB: www.BAdesigns.co.uk
EMAIL: bobby@BAdesigns.co.uk

I would be happy to host this for free too. Anything you need, just let me know.
Connector
Excellent

At the minute I have hosting etc sorted. Basically what I am after is people in areas like, marketing, legal advice, finance, SEO, anything that you think would help businesses.

If your interested drop me a line with what you can offer - chris@blackfusion.co.uk