This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Feedback on website

I have recently developped a small website using typepad. My primary objective with this website is to keep track of ideas and articles I think will be useful at some stage. I also hope it will be a useful overview of what I've done and where I'm heading in my career.

Any feedback would be gratefully received either here or email me direct at livewire@nigelburke.com

NB. Remember I'm not a 'tech' person and don't feel I need to have a technically impressive site

Thanks and regards

Nigel Burke
www.nigelburke.com
Connector
its not perfect but I quite like it- looks nice because its not over crowded- good stuff
Guru
Hi
Yeh I agree, its nice and clean - could do something about the big image that is used as its extremely pixelated ...thats it really!

Maven
Agree with the above.

The site works well and looks very clean and professional but the top image really needs replacing. It looks like it has been stretched horizontally as well being very pixelated.
Connector
Without going in to code it looks good.

I only have 2 concerns, the first is as you go in to some sections there are a confusing number of links like all the texts link|separate|like|this without showing what is what.

The other which many people consider correct is the incorrect grouping of your phone number. The area code is 020 and not 0208. My number starts 0208 but if I only dial 690 2058 I will not get through to you. In time we will have 020-6 which leaves me to wonder where the missing digit is in your number.

Vending Solutions from Vendesent.co.uk
Entrepreneur
I like it but also will add my thumbs down for that top image. You need to sort that out and then it gets a thumbs up.
Thanks everyone, I appreciate you advice.
Connector
creative

The top image is so pixelated I took it to be a deliberate bit of creativity :-)

I like the site, clean and attractive - a lot better than many I have seen.

Regards

Amanda