This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Go Back   Shell LiveWIRE Discussion Forums > Shell LiveWIRE

Connector
Anyone run a small IT Consultancy/Support Business

I'm in the starting stages of setting up a small IT firm - we would be offering hardware/software support and contracts etc to small and medium businesses - my problem is that there are an awful lot of people doing the same and I'm afraid the market may be saturated. Is anyone running a similar idea and having any success - does it become cut throat with local businesses trying to steal the contracts from one another or do customers tend to stick with who they have and are hard to win over?
Hoping a selling point will be something not currently offered by other companies or possibly target very small companies with keen pricing....any experiences/thoughts etc appreciated

Thanks

Everythingink.co.uk - for all your printing consumables

Tartan Pixels - Buy, sell, edit and move pixels. Pixels YOU control!
Maven
Hi Neil,

We've been running this sort of business for the last 8 months or so and it's by no means cut-throat.

We don't make fortunes; we don't spend fortunes, we just make enough to pay bills and live comfortably. Once we have capital, a client base and enough market info to lead on with we'll get started on some serious investment and move on a level.

Drop me a mail at david@mtsuk.net - Ill gladly help you and share my experiences.

Look forward to speaking with you soon
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by mtsuk.net
Hi Neil,

We've been running this sort of business for the last 8 months or so and it's by no means cut-throat.

We don't make fortunes; we don't spend fortunes, we just make enough to pay bills and live comfortably. Once we have capital, a client base and enough market info to lead on with we'll get started on some serious investment and move on a level.

Drop me a mail at david@mtsuk.net - Ill gladly help you and share my experiences.

Look forward to speaking with you soon
Thanks for the reply David - I have dropped you a mail Much appreciated

Connector
im doing the same thing and have been for a year.

im currently at the stage where trading is picking up and have recently aquired a contract with the nhs

have a word with your local support agencies and discuss ideas with them. it benifited me greatly.

feel free to mail me too on dave@nemesis-computers.com
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by nemesis
im doing the same thing and have been for a year.

im currently at the stage where trading is picking up and have recently aquired a contract with the nhs

have a word with your local support agencies and discuss ideas with them. it benifited me greatly.

feel free to mail me too on dave@nemesis-computers.com
I've dropped you an email Dave

I have decided that while I do a bit of market research I'm going to offer some sort of service to small businesses to test the water and be something that I can do while still having a full time job.
Any more experiences/comments etc all greatly appreciated

Thanks