This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Go Back   Shell LiveWIRE Discussion Forums > Shell LiveWIRE

anyone intrested in retailing handloomed shawls?

hiii
Im a fashion designer from Pakistan and i have started a small cottege industry of handloomed shawls . These shawls are 100%MARINA wool and they are hand dyed with vibrant colours.
All the shawls are woven by handlooms and no machine is used in their production .
The designs and colours are all kept to international fashion forecast but traditional touches are also added to it in its weave or embroidry .
The sizes are also varies according to different demands .
Anyone intrested in retailing these exquisite shawls,stoals or scarfs in the UK get in touch with me .
Regards
Alia Kabir
Attached Images
File Type: bmp 5 weaving.bmp (1.11 MB, 139 views)
My head says SPAM but my heart says it was very nicely worded.

I am happy to let this one pass.

Vending Solutions from Vendesent.co.uk
Connector
Are you the new spam monitor??
Connector
Perhaps one of the guys here to rustle you up and website and they get paid on a percentage of sales? - cut out the middle man Alia.

A lot of people on this form offer free ones all the time - tap them up and sort out the transportation issues and see what happens

I would think to persuade others to market your shawls people will need to see them.

Biz
This is a genuine request!

Hi, I'm Karen Bellis and my job is to co-ordinate the Global Shell LiveWIRE programme. I met Alia at the recent (Feb 2004) Tameer (LiveWIRE in Pakistan) Awards in Lahore. Alia asked me about businesses in the UK and other countries, I suggested that she post a thread on this Forum and see what happened. Alia was one of 10 National finalists in the Tameer National Awards out of over 300 initial entries. Businesses from all LiveWIRE International programmes ask about the possibility of inter-trading with other like businesses around the world, I suggest the UK Forum as the most widely used and most frequently visited. I have seen Alia's shawls and they are beautiful and the quality is fantastic, they are made locally using local materials, local skills and provide employment for local people. Is anyone out there interested to help Alia find a UK outlet for her shawl's?
Connector
SPAM Filter removed.

Welcome aboard.

Vending Solutions from Vendesent.co.uk
Connector
Perhaps some research needs to be done as to what shops would sell such shawls here?
In my opinion, this is not for the mass market and, equally, you an get bogged down if you are trying to specifically aim at the usual "New World/Hippy" -type places (forgive the generalisation!).
Why not treat them as exclusive and go for the premium price?
Also, why not seek out suppliers of traditional Pakistani clothing in the UK?

Good luck!

marketeer@lycos.co.uk
Connector
I must say - being a complete girl tonight - that they sound lovely and if my time wasn't stretched enough as it is I'd think seriously about importing something like this to sell at places like posh racing meets where (although I detest horse racing) you get people who've got cash in their hands and have had a bit to drink.

http://www.musosguide.com
Starting Out
interesting

Have you got any pictures of the shall that you make, i would really like to see what they look like. I thin it owuld also help people decide whtehr they are interested or not.

Good Luck
Maataa
Starting Out
sorry

Sorry for the terrible spelling, its supposed to say Shawl