Hackney Dragons - Call To Entry
My Social Innovation Ltd and BBC Learning are looking to recruit 18 - 25 year old Entrepreneurs into the “Hackney Dragons” project. The project is a collaboration between My Social Innovation Ltd and BBC Learning.
“Hackney Dragons” is an incredible opportunity for 6 young entrepreneurs from Hackney and/or operating in Hackney.
* Up to 20 hours of top class mentoring support from some of London’s most senior business people and successful entrepreneurs.
* A 2hr business pitch skills master class from professional actors.
* An opportunity to pitch to “Hackney Dragons” for investment and / or in-kind support for their business.
* PR / Profile raising – the event is being covered by the BBC.
Ideal candidates will;
* Have an established business and be looking for investment / growth.
* Have a fantastic idea for a business that they want to make fly!
* Be from and / or operating in Hackney.
* Have an understanding of basics of business skills; finance, market research, planning / modeling
* Be available during May and early June to participate.
* Be able to pass a background check by the BBC.
There will be a simple / quick application process which they will work through with applicants when you contact them. Applicants will hear if they have been selected by the 27th April. The first mentoring session will be during week beginning 7th May 2012 and mentoring sessions will run until the 11th June 2012.
* Deadline for contacting MySI to apply: 25th April 2012 12:00
* Selections made 27th April
* Mentoring opportunities commence w/c 7th May – by arrangement
* “Hackney Dragons” pitch is w/c 11th June – exact date tbc.
To Get Involved
Contact Joe Swann (Chief Executive, MySI) on 07968996721 or email@example.com
http://www.facebook.com/ShellLiveWIREUK - Facebook
http://twitter.com/shelllivewireuk - The SLW Twitter feed
http://twitter.com/Mark_Moorhead - My personal Twitter feed
|hackney, mentoring, opportunity|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|