This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Maven
Employers liability insurance

Hi guys,

We're in the process of taking on some employees, and this means that we are legally obliged to get some employers liability insurance.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to any decent providers out there? We've been quoted about 25p/m from Hiscox for Professional Indemnity (1m), Public Liability (1m) and Employers Liability (10m) and we're fairly happy with that, but just wondering if anyone's aware of any better deals out there?

Thanks
Alun

The Technology and Social Media Consultancy

Many thanks to all who helped us win a Grand Ideas award for February 2011. Some of the great guys who helped can be found on The Great deeg Ark-Builders List!
Connector
Contact your business bank and see what they offer
300 PA is fair, as there are three policies on that quote, but you could get this down to about 240 PA by phoning around other providers
As always, check and compare policies

Equally, do you need the other two? ie Professional Indemnity and Public Liability
Connector
Hiscox did mine and it was 25/month 4-5 years ago so the price is decent. Its very much worth having too
Maven
Thanks guys - I'll check with our business bank but other than that probably just go with Hiscox.

Ta!

The Technology and Social Media Consultancy

Many thanks to all who helped us win a Grand Ideas award for February 2011. Some of the great guys who helped can be found on The Great deeg Ark-Builders List!
Entrepreneur
Alun,

I've used Hiscox for the last few years too. I've checked comparisons each year and they have always been the cheapest.