This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Maven
The New Social Network

The new social network:

It is the social network where no one is friends. After all, there just isn't time to make them when your network is geared towards winning the race to become the most powerful man in the world.

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/887663-n...work-of-choice

Really inspiring article and it's a British entrepreneur!
Connector
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS_QTS View Post
The new social network:

It is the social network where no one is friends. After all, there just isn't time to make them when your network is geared towards winning the race to become the most powerful man in the world.

http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/887663-n...work-of-choice

Really inspiring article and it's a British entrepreneur!
A social Network without friends? Woahhh,that would be Weird!
Maven
The article focuses on an internal networked to be used in companies. It was 1st used for the Obama campaign and is now used by Ocean Sky, Kaiser Permanente and NHS. 'No friends' in the sense that it is built for a group of people with a mission for an organisation rather than a group of friends. Ever felt like long meetings and multiple emails were slowing you down? Maybe this is a good alternative ...
Entrepreneur
Interesting!!!

cheers for the post, MS_QTS
Guru
I recently wrote an essay with my view that everyone; individual persons and companies, will probably want a social network at some point. I think if the technology allows social networking to become second nature, which isn't inconceivable, then it might just happen.
Entrepreneur
Can you social without your friends? It looks me amazing.
Maven
Thank you for the cooments. Amac would love to read the essay. Would you mind sharing the essay on the forum?
Guru
Quote:
Thank you for the cooments. Amac would love to read the essay. Would you mind sharing the essay on the forum?
I re-posted the essay from my own website to my company's social network, the full essay is here. Feel free to register and reply with your thoughts, the site itself, Lion, is in beta at the moment so the more people testing it out the better.
Guru
Its a great idea, and the market is huge. As per the above in time companies will want their own networks, an intranet is a bit dull isn't it?
Guru
Quote:
Originally Posted by tin03gin View Post
Its a great idea, and the market is huge. As per the above in time companies will want their own networks, an intranet is a bit dull isn't it?
True, Intranet's are dull. Sharepoint is extremely dull!

Still, companies have to balance productivity and collaboration, so social networks might need to take on some of the characteristics of typical Intranet's in order to thrive in businesses.