This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Top Of The Search Engines

I would like my website to be near the top on the best search engines. I hear that there are companies who can push companies up the search engine list for a fee. I was just wondering if you could give me any names of any companies who can offer this service?

I hope you can help

Kind Regards

Paul Cotterell
Entrepreneur
Hello
I think that search engines can do this too. It's called a sponsored link. Sometimes when you search you see a site at the top of a page which is labeled "Sponsord match"

Also you can buy a keyword banner. For example if you were selling football gear, you could sponsor the word "Football". This will trigger your banner to be displayed at the top, when someone enters this word in the search box.

Also you can put your site up the pecking order by subscibing to their directory

for yahoo it's http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/ukie/express/splash.html

good luck!
Entrepreneur
Hi,

beware of some utilities that will submit you to all the search engines for free or for a small fee, as some of these can ban you from the top rated search engines (google, yahoo, etc.). This happened to me two years ago, i think it still applies. So best bet is a one that is actually advertised on the search engines site.

Another good advertising method is google's Adwords Select (http://adwords.google.co.uk/select/)

This lets you supply words, so when a user searches using words you select your ad is displayed, the adwords select also anly charges you for the ads that are actually clicked, not viewed.

Hope this is of help

Michael
Starting Out
Top of search engines

Try Ambergreen (www.ambergreeninternetmarketing.com) and ask for Richard or Tino - they are very good and I would recommend them.

Lins
Starting Out
SEO

We are having a proven track record of No. 1 and Top 10 Positions for our clients for very competitive keywords.

Please get in contact with me or have a look at our website on

http://www.oliphaunt.net

Regards

Daniel
Starting Out
TEST

TEST

For iPod accessories checkout www.iSkins.co.uk

LOOKING FOR A SKYPE PHONE or VoIP PHONE ? Checkout www.SKYPEstyle.com

Connector
I submitted my site to Google last week and when i searched my name I was at the very top - then the next day I was no where to be seen on google at all - total ystery to me!!
Guru
Apparently Google has just completed an update. A few sites have disappeared from the rankings. There is a conspiracy theory going around that it is Google's way of making some more money from adwords, with website owners panicking about Christmas sales. I've heard others say that these things usually right themselves after two weeks or so.

I've also heard that many sites are getting rising percentage of visitors from yahoo and msn.