This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Website Tips

Hi all,

I have noticed that quite a few of you are trying to develop your own sites for your business fair play. I also take it that you aren't all experts so if any of you need a hand or a few tips please don't hesistate to contact me as I would be willing to help.

I like the community you have going here.

Burt

web: http://www.webspinsolutions.com
email: info@webspinsolutions.com
Few tips

The first thing to remember when building your site is that the main aim of it is to attract more business.
  • The first thing to remember when building your site is that the main aim of it is to attract MORE business.
  • If you have an unprofessional site what image do you think this will portray of your company?
  • Develop the site with search engines in mind otherwise your site will be a needle in a haystack. Things to remember are use the <title> for a description of keywords in a legible sentence. use <meta> tags for keywords a lot of search engines use these and finally use the text in the document as best you can to reproduce keywords to do with you product as many times as you can without overdoing it. Search engines use this to rank you the better rank you get the more hits, the more hits the more business.
  • A logo is very important. It must stick out and look professional. It will be put on all your correspondance so make sure you get one that looks professional from the start so you don't go changing your identity half way through business when you realise you need a good one.
  • Keep files small and remember just cause you run off a lighting broadband connection not everyone does. The average length of time a user is willing to wait for a page to load is 8seconds on 56k modem.

That should be a good start for ya if there is anything else I think of I'll post another reply. Anyone wanted further info don't hesitate to contact me.

Burt

web: http://www.webspinsolutions.com
email: info@webspinsolutions.com