This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Starting Out
Rich dad, poor dad is the best book i have ever read! i would recommend to any thinking about a business
I would definitely recommend James Caan and Alan Suger, although the first part of Sugars book is better than the second.

James Caans was brilliant.

Given Duncan Bannatynes a try but so far not really finding it as good as the other two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulstewart88 View Post
My top few would be

Duncan Banatyne
Alan Sugar
James Caan

James Caan's book is well worth a read and sometimes is left out of these kinda things!

P.S. Just to say it is James Caan's original book and not the silly one about getting a job.
Repeating Theme

James Caan the Autobiography was pretty good, ended a bit sharply though !
Banned
So much to learn... thanks for the post...
5 Stars~
Rich Dad, Poor Dad and Suzanne Orman books on business and finance.
For none business - The Secret, to motivate positivity. The Alchemist, to continue pushing with our dreams/ambitions. The Kite Runner, food for the soul.
My 2 best books

Hi everyone.

Two of the best books I have read are
Rework - By the guys @ 37 signals. Its a great read to give you absolute clarity on great ways of working.

The Lean Startup - Eric Ries. Its a bit hyped up in the tech startup world at the moment but it helps set some excellent principles for learning about your business as you grow it and not wasting any time.

Both have been really important for me building my business Dattch. We are shortlisted for this months Grand Ideas - so if you like the idea (we are second from the left on the bottom) please vote!! http://www.shell-livewire.org/awards...ideas-awards#2

Robyn
Entrepreneur
If you're a developer, then you should seriously consider reading this small book very carefully:

http://www.startupbook.net/

More "me too!" moments per page than any other!!

I especially like the bit about renting a career (you get paid only when you're doing it) vs owning a business.

Chris.
I can strongly recommend these books if you are a fan of romance genire, Darkfever
by Karen Marie Moning and Pleasure Unbound by Larissa Ione. These are the best romatic books that i have ever read.
Location: Ryan & Assoc. Public Relations Chris Ryan Seminars P.O. Box 62651 Phoenix, Arizona USA 85082
My favorite is "A Beautiful Mind". It is a biography based on a mathematician John Nash. Really inspiring story.
Alan Sugar
I can recommend: The Future of Money by Oliver Chittenden with an introduction of Vince Cable
Maven
The millionaire fastlane By mj demarco

Start it up by Luke johnson,

Easily the best books I've read
Starting Out
Most work by Seth Godin is worth a read, though probably more for insight than for inspiration. He's brilliant at underlining all the obvious things we hadn't noticed.

A very good read, mentioned here already is Rework by the guys who make Basecamp. Really easy to pick up and put down.

A lot of what I've read, am reading and want to read can be found on my my LinkedIn Reading List

Creative Director @ 3ManFactory

Web Design || Graphic Design || Social Media || Marketing and PR

Find me loitering on: Twitter || LinkedIn || Facebook
Hi everyone,

To throw some ideas into the mix - has anyone read "the first 90 days"? It's all about transitions.

Or "Shift - the future of work" - I haven't read this yet but would be interested to hear from anyone who has.

Cheers,
Sam

--
Samuel Gordon
Managing Director, First Year In
www.firstyearin.co.uk
Find us on twitter @firstyearin

Tags
advice, books, business, entrepreneur, inspire, knowledge, reading, skills, success, tips