This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Entrepreneur
Part-company - what kind of fund is available?

Hi

Im just wondering if all the usual grants and funding available to full time companies apply to those being set up part-time with the idea of going full-time at a later date?

Can anyone let me know

Thanks as always

J
Connector
Hi

I started my business part-time and recieved a grant. I don't think it really matters all that much as many of us cant afford to just give up work in the first instance due to mortgages, families, etc etc...

Sam
Redwellydesign.com
Connector
Sam,
#
Where did you get your grant from and what for?
Connector
Hi

Its called a Get Set Grant and a received it from an organisation in my area called "Enterprise Trust" Not everyone qualifies and if you do, it is subject to your business being monitored regularly.

At my first meeting with the organisation, they explained that if I didn't qualify, I could apply to the Prince's Trust who do grants and loans with good interest rates

Sam
Connector
Hi,

If you register online with Shell LiveWIRE at www.shell-livewire.org, you can access all of the information within the Be Your Own Boss section. You should then take a look at Finance and Funding / Sources of Business Funding: http://www.shell-livewire.org/beyour...=1&subcatid=19

To register, go to http://www.shell-livewire.org/cgi-bin/register.pl (this is different to registering for the Forum).

Shell LiveWIRE Team