This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Connector
Remote connection

At the moment i use teamviewer to connect remotely to some customers mainly because i can use it on my ipad also; however what i want to achieve is like a "pay per view" kind of function where they have to put a payment through to me before they can connect so even if i tried to connect it's just not possible unless they've paid and a pin or access is granted/generated (also able to override for good will gestures).

Any answers?

T: 08443572722
Connector
You could do this using some Cisco's solutions designed for public wireless access.

Are you connecting via dyndns or equivalent? If so you could write a script that redirects the domain to a payment system.

Alternatively, Drupal with Ubercart includes functionality to assign users 'roles' based on their purchases, so that could be your front end. Roles can also be manually assigned. You could also/instead use the 'Conditional Actions' feature to call a script to re-set the dyn-dns redirect to their actual IP.

HTH
Chris

Installation, sales and consultancy for home-cinema, multi-room sound and corporate AV.

- Gear 7 on Facebook
- Gear 7 on Twitter
Connector
Quote:
Originally Posted by gear7.co.uk View Post
You could do this using some Cisco's solutions designed for public wireless access.

Are you connecting via dyndns or equivalent? If so you could write a script that redirects the domain to a payment system.

Alternatively, Drupal with Ubercart includes functionality to assign users 'roles' based on their purchases, so that could be your front end. Roles can also be manually assigned. You could also/instead use the 'Conditional Actions' feature to call a script to re-set the dyn-dns redirect to their actual IP.

HTH
Chris
at the moment none of those...just simple teamviewer....but i know the one you're saying.

i'm currently speaking to logmein.com n they might have me a solution

KoOSK
Simples!!!

Setup a customer login area on your website without the ability to register so only you can issue the login details.

As a customer once you have login details you can then request support. What you could have is different levels of support for example website support 50.00 per hour - Software Support 20.00 per hour - Virus Removal 30.00 per hour etc etc

What the user can then do is choose the type of support they want, go through the booking steps i.e. booking a date/time for the support - Pay on your website via PayPal button (Very easy) - then bang you will get an email with the customers details, check payment then *Bingo* you can start the remote support through which ever software you want.

What you could also do is pair it up with a calendar - which is pre-loaded with your available dates & times - allowing the customer to only choose a remote support session on that day/time making it more convenient for the both of you.

Whats also good about that is you can track all your remote session, have a notes section to add on each remote session so you can jog your memory of what the session entailed AND then what you can do is see exactly how much a user is spending on support a month and sell them better more cost effective support methods.
Connector
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoOSK View Post
Simples!!!

Setup a customer login area on your website without the ability to register so only you can issue the login details.

As a customer once you have login details you can then request support. What you could have is different levels of support for example website support 50.00 per hour - Software Support 20.00 per hour - Virus Removal 30.00 per hour etc etc

What the user can then do is choose the type of support they want, go through the booking steps i.e. booking a date/time for the support - Pay on your website via PayPal button (Very easy) - then bang you will get an email with the customers details, check payment then *Bingo* you can start the remote support through which ever software you want.

What you could also do is pair it up with a calendar - which is pre-loaded with your available dates & times - allowing the customer to only choose a remote support session on that day/time making it more convenient for the both of you.

Whats also good about that is you can track all your remote session, have a notes section to add on each remote session so you can jog your memory of what the session entailed AND then what you can do is see exactly how much a user is spending on support a month and sell them better more cost effective support methods.

Is this something you can set up for me?