This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Maven
Long term and Short term goals

What are you goals for the long term and short term of your business? By long term I'm think where do you want your business to be in 5 years and short term are the goals to help you get there.

In five years I want to have my own little jewellery shop with an area for people to sit and describe what they want for me to create their own custom pieces. I haven't thought about the short term goals of how I'm going to get to my main goal yet!

babyhjewellery@hotmail.co.uk

Baby H Jewellery

Our Facebook Page

Our Twitter Page
Entrepreneur
my long term goal is pretty similar... I have even decided which shop unit in Chester I want, and have mentally decorated it.
My ultimate, 10 year plan is for Fairypants to be a household name, uttered in the same breath as Topshop and New Look.
I never want my mission to change, I always want to cater for everyone, no matter their size/shape/age/budget. I would like to think that Fairypants will be encouraging it's customers to embrace their own fashion, and flatter their own bodies.
In the short term, this year I aim to dramatically increase my monthly turnover compared to last year, and I want to start outsourcing some work.
Exciting and very, very scary at the same time...

Fancy something a little different?

www.fairypants.com

Follow us on Twitter! @fairypantsuk
Maven
That's cool. I'm just trying to figure out funding. In July I might be having a large scale jewellery party to celebrate my biz being a year old. Again it's all about funding.

Baby H Jewellery

Our Facebook Page

Our Twitter Page
Connector
My objectives are:

- Acheive 100k turnover for end of year 2 (31st March 2011)
- Get at least 3 20k+ orders
- Get at least 5 orders for integrated systems i.e. including Crestron/AMX/Control4 control systems
- Establish more relationships with developers, electrical contractors, refurbishment contractors, m&e consultants and architects
- Arrange more direct accounts, avoiding paying through the nose for kit via distribution companies
- Get our company brochure(s) printed, finally
- And then go out to actively get corporate / construction clients
- Get a van, to avoid nackering my car any more than it is already!

- Hit 250k turnover
- Pay myself a realistic salary
- Jobs to be 50/50 split between corporate and residential work

2013-2015
- Purchase a small unit/office combo to run the business out of - home working isn't ideal with a toddler!
- Take on at least 2 permament, full-time installers

Longer term
- Development and production of our own range of audio/video electronic products
- Distribution arrangements for those products world-wide
- Grow the installation business to be considered a first-call provider of high-quality technology and finish integrated av systems
- World domination

Chris

Installation, sales and consultancy for home-cinema, multi-room sound and corporate AV.

- Gear 7 on Facebook
- Gear 7 on Twitter
Maven
I've written my new years resolutions here;

http://www.beyondnorms.com/index.php...have-in-store/

I've made sure they're all measurable and achievable, so fingers crossed I'll be able to hold my head up high and proudly proclaim that I achieved all I wanted to achieve in 2011!

Tweet me! @robnights
Connector
sorry to spoil the party....but i won't list mine here, i just want to make them happen this year and onwards

T: 08443572722
Maven
I've created a list of everything that I want to complete each month this year. I'm then going to review in December and work out which bits worked well enough to take into 2012 and which bits didn't and need to be left behind in 2011.

I have big plans for the next few months and gotta work hard in my supermarket job to fund the jewellery biz! By 2015 I want to be in my own shop!

Baby H Jewellery

Our Facebook Page

Our Twitter Page