This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Guru
Revolution Design...New Website Open

Hi,
I realises that this is really far away from other projects I have put into but I finally got my first business thats paying me back from the first day.
Yester day I launched my website www.revolution-shop.co.uk
I was possibly a bit hastey when loading it up as there are still a few problems with spelling etc. But I was so excited.
The company sells t-shirts with cool slogans many of which, at the moment, you will have seen before, however I am in talks with a few artists. I am curently also selling the shirts in a local student hangout and on ebay. The product is really aimed at skaters/clubers, but I personnaly think theirs something for everyone.

I like everyone who reads this to take a look at the site and give me your views. When the site is up and running with all the proper content there will be a discount for Shell users.

Cheers

AIR Marketing and Promotion
www.revolution-shop.co.uk/air

Revolution Design **coming soon**
www.revolution-shop.co.uk
Connector
Hi Lee,

I think you really need to put more time in the design, is black and white pretty much all the way through, the navigation moves from side to side, the site is very empty, also your logo is over 182000 bytes! Thats big!

I did a speed test on your site and on a 56k connection your site takes 37.811 seconds, the UK avarage is 15 seconds, this is one of the most important factors of a website, the loading speed.
Go to www.internet-magazine.co.uk and use there little speed test form yourself.

Coming from a customer I wouldn't buy from your site as it is now, don't take this the wrong way, just contructive critisim
Good Luck!

Regards
Brett White
Adventures in Creative Design
Connector
yeah, I agree with all said above. You're also mixing between serif (Times) and non-serif (Arial) fonts in your page which tends to be a design no-no. Stick to one font and use it throughout. I also noticed that you don't have your "Order Button" at the bottom of the page with the t-shirts on it.

I think you have a good concept but your site does need smartening up. How about implementing a pre-made shopping site script such as osCommerce. Then you would have the professional looking basics of a site to customise how you like.

Plus, using this script would enable you to have a proper shopping cart so that people can order from your site like they would from any other website.

If you are in need of any help then drop me an email and we can discuss quotes.

netInspired - Website | Application | Database Development

View Phil Rae's profile on LinkedIn      
Starting Out
Revolution Design

Hi,

You're right - that there sight needs some proofreading!

eg

Navigation, not 'Navagation'...
'Under construction' - 2 separate words so no hyphen needed...

and your use of capitals is erratic.

I used to be a professional proofreader so let me know if you want me to have a thorough check for you (no charge, obviously).
You can get me at chloiebrandrick@hotmail.com

Well done though!

Chloie
Connector
Hi Chloie,

Was 'sight' a deliberate misspelling? teehee

Do you ever do proof reading now on a freelance basis? If so can you drop me a line so I have your details please?

Best wishes
Holly

http://www.musosguide.com
Starting Out
Hi

You mention on your site that you could do with freelance graphic designers for your catalogue. I know a freelance graphic and web designer who would be interested. Email him s.fletcher@redwellydesign.com

you could also check out his site

www.redwellydesign.com
Entrepreneur
Hi Lee,

I would advise you to check the graphics on the site. I'm on broadband and have been waiting for the logo (logo.png) to download for over 5 minutes now and it's still going. I am not sure whether the server may been having some problems at the mo, but definitely something to look into.

Also, you haven't declared the page background colour and text colour, and I see my defaults which are maroon text on grey background, which don't look very good. This is something very easy to fix as a short term measure, but I agree with previous posts that the design could be improved to make the site more appealing to prospective customers.

Hope this helps!

Good luck with the business.
Connector
My Opinion

Well Lee

Some good T-Shirt designs, I like the £5 price tag.

I think the site does need some work. About Us pages are vital, and depending on the target market, maybe consider the wording, ie: the word s**t stood out like a smartie in a minstrel pack.

I definetely like some of the range though! So go for it, good to see people getting on with things, I know also that you are young, from a previous post, so well done keep up the good work.

DAVID
Connector
oh, my friend at www.red-llama.com might be interested in doing some freelance logo designing for you.

netInspired - Website | Application | Database Development

View Phil Rae's profile on LinkedIn      
Connector
Hi,

We provide logos and graphics for various youth orientated media. Please add us to the interested pile!

Good luck
Holly

http://www.musosguide.com
Maven
Not being harsh but I think your having a bit of a laugh if thats supposed to be a real attempt at web design!
Maven
That's a pretty poorly website. I wouldn't buy from you. Look into Oscommerce (+ get a design done or buy a template to overlay it).

A couple of hundred pounds or so spent now, will reap dividends in the future!