This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Entrepreneur
New website launched today :)

Hi everyone.
I finally launched my new website today at Facternet.com . The website offers website design templates, flash templates logo designs ect both from third parties and as a direct service.

There is also some software for free as well as some free website templates.

I have decided to run a promotion where I will create and host your website for £5 http://www.facternet.com/designpromo.htm

Please take a look at the website and let me know what you think.

Kind Regards
Anthony Robinson.
Connector
Nice design, but the pages are too long and cluttered IMO.

Also, I wouldn't have a clue what any of the links on the left mean and they're not self explainatory, ie. Domains/Templates/Hosting. Also check your spelling.

Take a look at my new redesign of my templatemonster.me.uk site. I changed it to look prettier, and to ease the navigation.

I have the main links across the top and when one is clicked, the left and right hand navigation areas change to suit and give a breakdown of services under that heading.
Entrepreneur
Yes, I agree with you on the site being a bit complicated to navigate. I am working on a new design, as the one that is up now is just a temp solution.

When I was creating the website, I kept finding new products and services to offer, which is why it is so badly organised, but now I know excatly what will be on it I can make a better design which is easier to navigate and find the information.

Also, I think another problem with my site is that it is trying to bring together templates from a number of different sources, and doesn't do it very well. I think a drop down menu asking which template provider you would like to view the templates for would be a nice addition ... I will add that to the new design.

Thanks for your feedback!

Anthony Robinson
Entrepreneur
Oh, By the way ... the website is aimed at a US audiance despite it being UK based, so some american spellings have been used, but I will still run it through the spellchecker.
Connector
I don't know about having a drop-down for each provider.

If I was a prospective customer, how would I know the difference? Could you not split up into free templates, and categories, then list the different providers?

BTW, did you look at my site and what did you think of the layout and navigation?
Entrepreneur
Hi,
Yes I did take a look at your website. It's very easy to navagate and find what is needed compared to my site.

I will take a look at desigining a new menu tommrrow and try and put that onto the existing website.

Thanks again for your help.

Kind Regards
Anthony Robinson