This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Connector
merchant services help

Hi all

i was wondering if anyone could reccomend a merchant service in the uk for taking switch payments. the credit card side i have covered but cant take switch at the moment for technical reasons apparently

thanks
Connector
yeah, are the tech probs due to some people still not being happy with switch security?

there is always nochex.com who only do debit cards. I think they even do some stuff for ecommerce integration?

I'm not lazy. I just can't be arsed to do pointless things.

- syIT Amazon Tools - Increase your Amazon Associates revenue using webservices without the hassle.
- HotSpotter - UK Wireless Networking Portal
- Jam Shop - Buy quality preserves and marmalades
- Audiologue.com - Online HiFi and Home Cinema Shop

Connector
hi swhiting

thanks for that

i cant use nochex as i dont want to give the small company feel. it needs to be standalone with no account needed at the customer end

i think it is due to switch security. perhaps theis chip and pin will change that
Connector
im interested into how other retailers deal with it.

I know dabs.com scrapped solo payments and then reinstated them a little while back?

after having a quick look it appears ePDQ from Barclays offers debit card enabled system:

"Which cards can be accepted?
ePDQ accepts payments from the following cards - American Express, Visa, Visa Electron, MasterCard (excluding Maestro), Switch (including Solo) and JCB"

http://www.epdq.co.uk/

I guess this is for your computer site? If so, I would be interested as to whether you are going totally automated or have a "ring-and-confirm" system in place as obviously there is a lot of money changing hands with computers and fradulent transactions could be an issue?

I'm not lazy. I just can't be arsed to do pointless things.

- syIT Amazon Tools - Increase your Amazon Associates revenue using webservices without the hassle.
- HotSpotter - UK Wireless Networking Portal
- Jam Shop - Buy quality preserves and marmalades
- Audiologue.com - Online HiFi and Home Cinema Shop

Connector
Merchant Services

Hi Guys

Your local bank should be able to help with this, we used LloydsTSB CardNet to get set-up with an actual merchant account in our name, and then we do all online transactions including switch and solo through this merchant account via Protx.com's instant payment processing.

for about 5p per transaction Protx check the clients card details, confirm them as valid, and deposit the funds into our merchant account.

You can also have a Web based merchant terminal with Protx if your withs LloydsTSB Cardnet (or any other UK Bank) which allows you to enter card details yourself, for instance if your taking an order over the phone, by post, fax or in person then you can enter the details onto the online merchant terminal and get payment information confirmed straight away.

Everything is billed in your company name, and looks very professional, Protx.com are not a third party biller, they just handle the security side of your billing, check for fraud etc

You will need a merchant account from your UK bank to work with Protx.com, and from what research i did, LloydsTSB Cardnet seem like the best ones to deal with.

Hope that helps
Marc )
Connector
We offer...

...a card processing service that transacts debit and credit cards. Why not give us a call to discuss your requirements.

Regards

James Hirst
A4 Internet ltd
0845 108 0411