This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Student Level Web Designer Wanted

Hey,

I post threads like this on forums all the time and despite a so called job shortage I get very little replies. However here I am as usual to try, try and try again huh

I finished Uni just last year and already busy with Web Design work. Too much for me to handle so I need a little helping hand here and there.

To give you an idea what I pay, because I am reasonable. I paid a girl £75 to create 8 banners for Google AdSense. A Uni student good with Photoshop should be able to pull that off in 2-3 hours. So even if you pay your TAX and I hope you do! You will still walk away with a £15 an hour task.

I'm looking for everything. PHP, graphics, Flash you name it. Mostly PHP and a lot of Wordpress php which is simply a CMS packed with ready made functions. I want to be able to drop off a snippet of about 200 lines in an email and say "please condense that code, make it more effeciant where possible, thank you". Then pay you by Paypal.

Email info@webtechglobal.co.uk if your interested.

Tasks I need done right now are some API scripts written. Multiple settings in and data out. Should be simple for a lot of people but I don't want copied scripts I want a student to work hard and learn like I did that way we can maybe become partners on the projects I make good money from.

Thanks
Ryan
Connector
I would highly reccomend People Per Hour for this listing buddy, you will find lots of people on their willing to commit to this type of work.

Colin Jarvis
Jarvis Web and Graphic Solutions
colin@jarviswebandgraphicsolutions.co.uk
Entrepreneur
Try gumtree. You will probably get a few from there.
Guru
Sounds like a good opportunity for someone.
If you have no luck perhaps try contacting your local Uni's - I know that when I was working at a Univ it was great to take these calls and I am sure they would be more that willing to pass your details on to the good students. We were always looking to make contacts in the 'real world'.
Failing that - the student job shops at Uni might also be a good place to put an advert up - I got quite a few AdHoc jobs through there when I was a student.
Connector
I know a decent web guy actually always looking for work - give me your email address and ill pass it on so he can contact you

Colin Jarvis
Jarvis Web and Graphic Solutions
colin@jarviswebandgraphicsolutions.co.uk
Entrepreneur
I'm on every freelance site going but advertising small projects on there gets attention from people I don't want bugging me everyday. I think we know the type of people I'm on about, well if your a developer. I got 10 emails one day from the same company in India constantly bugging me about their proposal. Those kind of companies I can do without contacting me.

I tried Abertay Uni forum, thread got blocked because its classed as advertising! I was like wtf I'm trying to offer some cash in hand to students like I was their just last year. Plus the experiance on their portfolio is better than uni work on portfolio. Typical huh, always someone, some rule to take you a step back for every two you take forward.

My email is info@webtechglobal.co.uk

Happy to get an email from anyone in the UK not outside. I want a higher chance of meeting people and I don't plan on getting a plane every couple of months to talk about a 1000 page script. So no one outside the UK email me please.

Thanks I think that covered the lot, thanks guys
Ryan
ccyy
Maybe it's a good chance ,you should have a try.