This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Guru
Who uses Linkedin

Hey Guys just wondered if anyone used linkedin, I signed up (i'm oligibson there too) but i'm not sure i get it yet. Plus I need some contacts

Oli
Connector
I'm on LinkedIn as well but to be honest I just don't get it and find it quite boring. My user name is Cougar Solar. Feel free to add me if you want.

Also check out www.retail.cougarsolar.com

Follow us on facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cougar...0837238?ref=nf
Starting Out
I'm on LinkedIn, don't really use it properly, but I 've had great reviews for networking via the site.

rcmcreative.com
RICHARD MEADS
rcmcreative.com | Graphic Design Devon | Web Design Devon

Day Spa Palm Beach | Cancel Contract | Apply Bankruptcy
LInkedin is great!

Hi there,

I use Linkedin a lot. It works really well for business contacts and I have won a lot of business from the contacts and groups I have on there.

The issue you face is that the average age of a Linkedin member is 37 (or so I am led to believe) and the profile of this user is not that similar to the profile on this site...perhaps they just won't get what you are about?

That said it is useful for finding business partner/associates and contacts so bear with it.
Banned
My LinkedIn profile

I'm on LinkedIn but only just starting to find it useful.

You can see my profile at: http://www.linkedin.com/in/lordlancaster so feel free to add me to your Contacts and I'll return the favour.

For everyone else, I suggest adding your web address, Shell LiveWIRE Social Network page, LinkedIn profile URL and Twitter URL (if you have one) to your Discussion Forum signature by going to Discussion Forum > User CP > Edit Signature at the top of this page.
Maven
I've been on LinkedIn for a while, but only recently have taken the time to really get to grips with it and find useful applications for it.

What I would say is that finding groups on LinkedIn is an excellent way to make the most of LinkedIn, particularly regional ones that promote communication and collaboration between SMEs.

Follow: www.twitter.com/tomstables
Connect: www.linkedin.com/in/tstables
Connector
I'm on LinkedIn too but I've always found it too clunky and overcomplicated.
Connector
I registered at LinkedIN a long time ago but have never actually used it. It really doesn't seem to offer me anything that the many other sites don't offer. Also, I am 1 of those people that often likes to leave the past in the past and don't particularly fancy virtually bumping into some ex-colleagues.

For a work related site I much prefer http://www.workology.com/ although it is down at the moment and has been for a while whilst they upgrade it for the 1st official launch (was previously beta).
Banned
Only one in ten UK small firms using social networks

Saw this in the recent (BAD News) Business Advisers' News and thought it was interesting...

Quote:
Only one in ten UK small firms using social networks
Only a tenth of small businesses are using social networks to promote their firm and communicate with customers, according to a recent study by business software firm Sage. Around three-quarters of those that do use social networks are using Facebook, while a third of active social networkers use Twitter and 27% use LinkedIn.

To read more on this story go to:
http://www.sage.co.uk/PDF/ACT2010_So...Whitepaper.pdf

Tags
linkedin, social media, social networking, social networks