This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Data Privacy

Quote:
Originally posted by Netcomm UK
You would just need to register with the Data Protection Act if the details you hold could identify a person.
Im starting to run a WebHosting company, I use WHM Autopilot which registerers personall information (Address, telephone, full name ect). Do I need to Register, and if so, how much and how, keeping in mind I am only 16.

Thanks
Connector
Your age has nothing to do with it.

Like I said, anyone that holds information that can identify a living person must register. It costs around £25 to register, and make sure you do not get stung by some of the scam merchants operating who send out official looking forms warning you haven't registered. They ask that you pay them £95 but avoid at all costs!!!

http://www.informationcommissioner.g...038&expmovie=1

Try that link to the official website of the Information Commisioner. That link is direct to the page you need

HTH

Paul
Quote:
Originally posted by Netcomm UK
Your age has nothing to do with it.

Like I said, anyone that holds information that can identify a living person must register. It costs around £25 to register, and make sure you do not get stung by some of the scam merchants operating who send out official looking forms warning you haven't registered. They ask that you pay them £95 but avoid at all costs!!!

http://www.informationcommissioner.g...038&expmovie=1

Try that link to the official website of the Information Commisioner. That link is direct to the page you need

HTH

Paul
Ok thanks for that, I was only mentioning my age because I am under the age of signing a legal Binding Contract (Or something like that).

Thanks for that