This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Connector
Keywords Analysis

I am wanting to find out how many times certain words are searched for in Search Engines daily/weekly/monthly. I know HITWISE offer statistics but these prices are HUGE just for some small research.

Ideally I would like to know how many times a phrase/word like "cricket bat" was searched for, on a daily/monthly basis.

Can anyone offer me any advice on where to get this information at a reduced cost than the 1000's of $ HITWISE are wanting.

Thanks,

Chris
Connector
Hi Chris

We offer this service for free to all customers of our GUARANTEE service. If, however, you dont want the GUARANTEE service we can provide very accurate information on this at very reasonable prices.

It is also possible to look at the results from directories such as Overture and extrapolate from these, however, the reports will not be as detailed.

Why not drop your contact details over to us at sales@a4internet.com along witha breif description of your requirements and we will get back to you.

Regards

James Hirst
A4 Internet ltd
0845 108 0411
www.a4internet.com
Starting Out
stastical packages

hi just read your email maybe i can help what prices have you been quoted and what does the package offer maybe i can sort something cheaper and just as good no promises but its worth a try.

natalie
Entrepreneur
I have used Ad Word Analyzer that basically gives you information on searches done on Google and Overture, probably the most widely used search engines.

http://www.adwordanalyzer.com/

Last time I looked, it cost $67 for the software.

Hope it helps.

Waiman
Guru
there's a site called WordTracker

They offer a free trial where you see how popular search words and phrases are on Altavista.

You can pay to use there service for something like £4 for one day and it gives results on all the other major search engines including Yahoo, Google and MSN.

I found the service excellent, which is why most visitors to Freelove & Music got there after typing phrases like "pictures of britney spears"

The service includes an analysis of the level of competition each keyword and phrase has, just so you can fine tune your keywords.

Hope this helps, and sorry for being late.

Stu
Connector
Does knowing how many times a word is searched for really help you? (Atleast enough to warrent paying for the info)

Or would knowing how many other sites use that keyword be better?

I think the later, this way you can change the names of your products or services to something not exactly the same as others use and this in itself will boost your SE ranking.

(Example Product - Securight Firewall)

Think of advertising your product, you've spent alot of money on banner ads, adwords etc.

A possible customer goes to google.co.uk, searches for Security Firewall , Both these words are used for alsorts of things. Your site might rank 32nd, good but not good enough for most to find you.

But if your customer searched for that product they seen on that banner ad once. and goes to google, searches for "Securight Firewall" , the chances are it's only you using that name and it will shoot you up the page rankings to atleast the first page which is where you need to be.
Connector
Our GUARANTEE service includes a survey of appropriate words from the search engines and details both the number of rival sites containing those words and also the number of searches carried out for those phrases on a monthly basis.

Armed with this information we can work with you to GUARANTEE front page listings.

http://www.shell-livewire.com/forum...light=GUARANTEE

Regards

James Hirst
A4 Internet ltd
0845 108 0411
www.a4internet.com
Connector
I have found the easiest way to find the number of times a word is searched for on Google is to register for Google ad words.

You can then play about with it and it tells you how many impressions are likely with the keyword per day, and therefore get the date you require.

Its all of about £10 or something to do so.
Connector
Google

adwords can be useful for this as you say, also check out overture for a similar service.

However, the following processes are required to ensure success in the search engines:

1. Identify commonly sought phrases relevant to your business.
2. Identify which of these phrases has the lowest level of competition, e.g. FIND YOUR NICHE.
3. Create content for your site to match these phrases
4. Identify link exchanges with similar sites
5. Pay for rapid inclusion in the directories (without this you will probably find that your research is out of date before you are even ranked)
6. Update your site on a daily basis with new content all year long, without fail!
7. On a weekly basis, establish your performance, compare with previous months and adjust the site content accordingly, altering phrases to maximise return on investment.

This is essentially what our GUARANTEE package does for you, you can carry out the same process yourself, but it gets quite time consuming and expensive without the economies of scale we run.

I hope this helps.

Regards

James Hirst
A4 Internet ltd
0845 108 0411
www.a4internet.com