This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Go Back   Shell LiveWIRE Discussion Forums > Shell LiveWIRE

Starting Out
Revenue from Business advertisements on my website

I am looking to attract businesses to advertise on my new website!
I would like these spaces taken up prior to the launch of my site. However, I know pricing is usually calculated by traffic. I do not yet have any!
Are there any ways around this?
The money raised will be put back into the business so that i can get on the road and provide my service.

Any ideas?

Many thanks
Connector
I guess the easiest method would be to offer the advertising based on so much traffic, if you dont achieve this then they get a % of their investment back based on how much under targets the traffic is?

Alex

Fizz Pop Science is working to become the UKs leading extra curricular science education provider. We want to engage children with the sciences and have them experimenting themselves, leading to new discoveries which we hope will inspire.

Guru
Pay Per Click? So that they pay, say, 10p each time someone clicks on your advertising space. This way, if it's low traffic to start off with, they don't have to pay much, but you're still getting money, and then you can review in in 6/12 months once you have more steady traffic?
Maven
There are lots of ways to sell internet advertising. You can sell text links on your site if you have Google Pagerank (this is a number google attaches to your site which shows how 'important' google thinks you site is based on the number of sites you have linking to you).

To sell banner ads people will want to pay on a cost per thousand of impressions or you maybe able to arrange a monthly fee if some cases that's not based on traffic. Might be better to get some traffic first and then look in to advertising
Starting Out
Thanks for the replies,

I'm in a position where I need revenue from these advertising spaces to allow the business to become operational and provide my service.

Its not easy, but I'm sure there is a way!

I am actually considering selling these advertising spaces as a business.
What I mean is, I would charge an individual X amount of money for a two year ownership of the spaces, and any revenue from them would be theirs!

I think I will post a new thread, explaining this in more detail, as it is something other website owners may be able to incorporate into their business structure.