This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Connector
Hi Fiona

I am a graphic and web designer, based in North Manchester UK. and the sole proprietor of my own company, Jarvis Web and Graphic Solutions.

I have just begun trading as a company, however i have experience of Web and Graphic design for a total of 12 years.

My experience varies from assisting new businesses, to small businesses, all the way upto large blue chip companies and anything designated in between.

Producing graphics in any format is no problem at all and all work I produce web design wise is done to the latest XHTML and CSS standards including W3C validation when required and is always built taking optimisation into account, SEO being a bit of a speciality. As a company, we also offer search engine optimisation services.

I am committed to producing designs which are fresh and exciting and look forward to the possibility of working with you on this project.

I have a small office set up at home with PC, Internet, etc, and I am available to start straight away. I am available by IM so we can discuss the projects efficiently.

If you require any further information or would like an indepth view at our portfolio, please visit www.jarviswebandgraphicsolutions.co.uk

I hope this bid has been of some interest and should you require any further information do not hesitate to contact me.

Regards

Colin
Connector
Re: Website required

Hi Fiona,

I'm a web and graphic designer from Birmingham, UK. I'd love to help out with your project

If you send an email with your requirements over to hello @ timmp.co.uk (without the spaces) I'll put a quote together for you

To get high up in Google, you need SEO (search engine optomisation), which requires quite a big amount of work. Although this is not exactly cheap, you shouldn't be disheartened as of two reasons:

1. The chances are, you'll get every single penny back. It creates a lot more visits thus revenue.
2. I have been known to offer consulting and the actual work, for at least 40% less than my competitors, but still provide the service to a very high standard. My latest job was the "Spotlight Book". Before I got to work with this, they were listed 12th on UK, and 27th on US. Now, they're listed 2nd in UK, and 13th in US. They are second to Amazon in the UK; a mammoth organisation, and extremely hard to better.
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by fiona_101
Thank you for your responses,

Colin what is your email address?
Hi Fiona,

its colin@jarviswebandgraphicsolutions.co.uk

or alternatively

colinmjarvis@hotmail.co.uk

Regards

Colin
Connector
I've just sent you an email regarding the SEO and design.
Connector
I've sent you a quote via email... not sure whether you've got it or not
Your requirements

Hi,

My name is Adam, and I have had a look at your competitors website. I think we can do a much better job.

Like most things, its best you are clear of what it is you require before any development starts. This way you are more likely to get a good product, what you want and ensure it’s cost effective.

My company provides business analysis and system analysis services and typically, I can assist you in ensuring you get exactly what you want by establishing your requirements and producing a specification. Also, I can oversee/project manage the whole development of the site, test the site, deliver the final website.

This process will make life a lot easier for you since all you need to do is specify what you require to us (including budget), and we will find the developers and delivered the site to you when complete for your approval. We can also work with you as your business grows to add functionality to the site.

Please feel free to call me to discuss further.

Kind Regards,

Adam Dare
adamdaredirectit@yahoo.co.uk
07840 755050
Connector
Hi Adam,

With all due respect, the basic flaws in your grammar and your own statement that you "will find the developers and delivered the site to you when complete for your approval" shows a lack of grammar in the statement itself.

I dont think myself or any of the other developers around these forums will appreciate your nature of proposals; both myself and timmp.co.uk have contacted Fiona regarding her requirements. Business is a competition and on that basis i can understand your comments; i just dont think the nature of them promotes a friendly atmosphere around here and think in future you should adjust your bids around this.

Friends are friends no matter whether theyre competition or not; its better to get along rathe than in your very first post state "I think we can do a much better job"

Just for note aswell; it might be an idea to give more information such as a business website or even direct the client to a business e-mail address rather than a yahoo.co.uk one

Colin Jarvis
Jarvis Web and Graphic Solutions
colin@jarviswebandgraphicsolutions.co.uk
Market Testing

Just a thought, but have you tried market testing the concept, before you spend huge lumps of cash on a website?

Use the Good Adwords External Keywords tool to find out what people are searching for, then start up a simple blog with a few affiliate links - cost: about £10!

If you get hits and sales, then you know its a market that's buying - if not, dump the idea, and you lost the grand sum of £10 and may be a month.

Good Luck!
Connector
Re: Market Testing

@adamdare: Now now, tenders are about your services, not about anyone elses. If you do not like my site, keep it to yourself, it's a bad tactic to say you're better than someone else.

@Jarvooo: Did you get this job? I didn't get even a read receipt from the second email I sent to her...?
Connector
I had the same tmmp; one e-mail back and nothing since.

Colin Jarvis
Jarvis Web and Graphic Solutions
colin@jarviswebandgraphicsolutions.co.uk
Connector
I'm guessing it was just some guy wanting to see how much competition would be.
Connector
in fairness to Adam Dare, even if his grammar was a bit ropey, his message has said that he has looked at the original poster's competitors and thinks he could do better.

He doesn't say anything about the websites or services of other shell livewire designers.
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by defuzz
in fairness to Adam Dare, even if his grammar was a bit ropey, his message has said that he has looked at the original poster's competitors and thinks he could do better.

He doesn't say anything about the websites or services of other shell livewire designers.
By stating that he's looked as his competitors, he's obviously comparing himself to the two others that have submitted our quotes already; myself and jarvooo. If he said he looked at other competition (from somewhere else), it'd be totally irrelevant, would it not?

Either way, the person who was holding this thread has not been in contact with either of us after one email. No read-receipt, or whatever.
google higher position

Hi Fiona:
Actually; getting a higher position in Google is one of my higher skills, I have achieved to increase brand position in less than a week, let's talk about it. Contact info at http://www.ilikesem.com/cat/pagina-seo.jpg.

Regards,
Webmaster009
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by timmp.co.uk
By stating that he's looked as his competitors, he's obviously comparing himself to the two others that have submitted our quotes already; myself and jarvooo. If he said he looked at other competition (from somewhere else), it'd be totally irrelevant, would it not?

well no.....

from the original poster: "to give you an idea of the business look at this competitor: http://www.dealgifts.com"

and adam states that he has looked at the competitors website, he doesn't say hes looked at his competitor (eg you)

but it all seems a little irrelevant if the original poster doesn't seem interested in the offers.....