This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Starting Out
Need Advice For E-business

i am a malaysian graduate currently in uk now and would like to start an e-comm business here in uk.and how much capital do i need to pump in in order to get a work permit to do the business here. And if i were to run this e-comm from malaysia and focusses on the uk market, would i have to pay the tax here. please advice
Entrepreneur
You may have to have a licence to operate a company from a different country selling to the UK. I would imagine that taxes would have to be paid to your home country. The best thing to do is contact your local business link, or find out where you embassy is.

www.businesslink.org
http://www.linklondon.co.uk/guides/e.../malaysia.html

best wishes

Austin
I think the most fundamental thing is to determine what you want to do in eBusiness, for example in UK, activities in services may be more viable than manufacturing - it is important to have a very clear business plan and deep pockets to venture into eBusiness now especially after the dot.com bubble burst
Connector
Good luck with getting your project off the ground, let us know if there is anything we can do