This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Starting Out
Form 10 - Help.

Hi,

I'm just filling in Form 10 from Companies house to set up a Private Limited Company By Guarantee but I'm struggling slightly. It says "Company name in full" Do I put...

"(My company name) Private Company Limited By Guarantee"

Is that right?

Also what do I put in the "Business Occupation" field?

Thanks in advance, Help is much appreciated.
Connector
If I where you I would stop right where you are.................and if you really must do it, do so using an online filing agent. its about £35 or less and will be formed by the morning and you wont botch it.

However from your posts you have made I have absolutely no idea why you are forming a company. From your posts you have two business ideas in very early stages, neither of which are very likely to make you enough money to warrant a company in the near future, even if the ideas work to perfection.

Be extremely careful what you are getting yourself into here. Can you actually afford to have the accounts filed? What quotes and advice have you had? This is serious stuff you are getting into here.

Sorry for the rant but the number of useless companies I end up closing down is quite frankly unbelievable, not to mention all the tax lost that could have been offset had they been trading in their own name.
Maven
If James assessment of your previous posts is correct I would read his thread again. Too many people form companies for the wrong reasons. It would save you a lot of money to get some professional advice before starting an LTD you regret.
Connector
Couldn't agree more. Get the money coming in first, then form a Company if it's advisable to do so.
Maven
Maybe it's a necessity

I've got clients who will only buy from a Ltd and even then only if you're VAT registered.

S
Connector
Seems a little paranoid...
Maven
They've met me! :)

Seriously, it's local authorities who tend to be a bit paranoid, I agree. For example, only a few of my clients bother to check insurance - of those that do they just need to know I've got it. Only a few care how much and only a tiny minority need it to be as high as £1m..... on the other hand, local authorities require it to be £5m!

S