This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Go Back   Shell LiveWIRE Discussion Forums > Shell LiveWIRE

Looking For Investment In Magazine Business ****

I'm looking to start up a community based magazine in Mid and West Wales under a well know and successful magazine franchise.

I plan to start off with the Mid Wales magazine and then launch the West Wales edition a few months after. I expect to make around £40,000 a year from each magazine.

I have really good experience in running magazines and selling print advertising, having run my own nationally distributed music magazine in the past. This is a great oppourtunity and one that I'm very excited about.

I'm looking for £15,000 to start up, which will cover the franchise licenses and equipment.

Please get in touch if you're interested

BEN
info@bazookaevent.co.uk
Connector
Re: Looking For Investment In Magazine Business ****

Quote:
Originally posted by Bazooka
I expect to make around £40,000 a year from each magazine
Do you mean profit (after costs) or turnover?
Connector
If you already have some magazine experience, your best bet might be to start up yourself without the franchise.

If I were you, I would look at exactly what the magazine franchise people are offering and query whether this really represents value for money. You could get your own quotes for printing and there are of course plenty of freelance writers around who could provide the sort of articles that sandwich between adverts in these sorts of magazines.

Just a thought.

Good luck with it.
I expect to make £40,000 profit from each magazine.

Thanks for the advice, althought I could go it alone, the franchise actually design, print and distibute the magazine every month and have a set and prooven business model along with a support team so it'll take a lot of the pressure off running it by myself. I shuld also say that they have a website in place for each magazine that also brings in further revenue streams and alone would cost a lot of money to have designed.

If anyone is interested in investing I'll go fully into how the franchise etc works..
Connector
Hey!

get in touch with me soon, and we'll have a chat. Ive previously been in the magazine industry - which is where my fashion & modelling business has been launched from.

I have a a number of contacts in the business world of magazine printing / editing etc and would love to have a chat with you.

Please email or call me as soon as possible.

Thanks

Web: www.spotlightmodelling.co.nr
Email: spotlightmodelling@live.co.uk
Phone: 08443 573852
Email sent