This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Go Back   Shell LiveWIRE Discussion Forums > Shell LiveWIRE

Lettings and Property Management Company in Nottingham

Hello Eveybody

Im completely new to this forum, but I have been scouring the internet for help and advice in setting up my own lettings agency in nottingham, and came across this great site.

Im 27 years of age full time employed in the UK Armed Forces. Im very entrepreneurial and have long been working on building up a business in the property market, in my spare time.

Since getting an interest in property around 3 years ago, I have bought 4 buy-to-let investment properties, and have learnt so much about how the property market works.

I have now reached my limit for buying but I manage all my own properties, and now manage other peoples on top.
I can see a huge market for a slick, new, modern lettings agency in nottingham city centre.

Can anybody offer any advice or support in how I should go about setting up this agency and how best to market it?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

PS- I have attached a first draft of one of my proposed leaflets to show you the kind of image and products we are going for. What do you think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg postcard design.jpg (612.9 KB, 136 views)
Guru
Hi and welcome to the community!

If you haven't already done so, we offer a few Business Opportunity Profiles (BOPs) that might interest you on:
Property Agent, Foreign
Property Developer
Property Maintenance Service

You can download one, free - you can find it in your briefcase, via our homepage www.shell-livewire.org

Re your leaflet - it looks very slick and professional, although I don't have any knowledge on your business choice.

You may also wish to form a Property Group in the Social Network for any other budding developers out there to join too.

Once again, welcome to the forum and all the best with your ideas!
Thankyou Maria.

I will certainly be checking out the business profiles in my briefcase, and I will look into setting up a property group straightaway.

Thanks again for your feedback.
Entrepreneur
Hi David

The best way to market your business is online. Of course i cannot be completely impartial as i run a web design and business solutions company however i am keen to help whoever i can in the forum and if you need some advice on who to select to help you market the company i am more than happy to help - even if its not my company. I have experience in web design, pr and marketing, e-marketing and the revolutionary global sms.

For no obligation advice feel free to ask.

thanks

j

www.cre8tive-solutions.com
jamie@cre8tive-solutions.com

Web Design|Hosting|E-Marketing
Maven
David,

You should check out www.singingpig.co.uk theres lots of info about property on there.

Sean
Hi Sean

Thanks for the pointer, im already a member on there, and it is very useful for property, but im really after business minded people to give me advice on the running and setup of the business.

Most of what I find on singingpig is all about property investment, buying and selling, and hasnt been that much use for me in this case.

All I got told on their was look at buying a franchise or startup pack.

Thanks for the tip though.

Regards
David
Connector
Hi David,

I can't really give you any advice from a business point of view but we have recently built a website for a new lettings agency based in Coventry - http://www.bestlettings.org - we built this on our Content Management System which has a module specifically for letting agencies which give the functionality seen on the best lettings website.

We also designed their logo, stationary, promotional leaflets and to let boards.

If you would like more information on this or would like to see a demo, please feel free to get in touch.

Regards

Nathan

Latest Projects - Loudmouth | Make Up Artist Of The Year

Contact - 0121 314 0390 | info (at) bluecubemedia.co.uk | Website Design Birmingham
Starting Out
I am an accountant based in Nottingham.

In terms of the business legislation advice you are more than welcome to contact me to book a free intial consultation.

We can talk about things such as the right entity type for you, informing HMR&C of your new venture and much more including VAT and PAYE.

Regards

Linda Frier FCCA
linda.frier@coalesco.co.uk
Coalesco Certified Accountants
0115 9283228
www.coalesco.co.uk