This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Connector
Affiliate Schemes

Out of curiosity, anyone here with a website who uses targetted affiliate advertising (i.e. adverts that advertise sites your visitors might actually be interested in) experiencing any real success?

http://www.musosguide.com
Connector
I used to run an adult program. I found that most affiliates dont have a clue about sending traffic. You need to educate them abit, do lots of tutorials on how to get their visitors to your site, I gave them free tools to help generate traffic. Text links always worked well, banners not so much but of course non adult programs may be different.

The other thing is that you then have the uphill struggle to get affiliiates. You need to be a bit imaginative (which doesnt mean spam!). Offer stuff that they may find attractive etc.

Take VISA/Mastercard in muliple currencies. 26 setup fee. 2Checkout have processed over $100M in transactions!
Connector
Text links seem to work fine.

I have not yet placed any banners on my site.

There are 3 or 4 large affiliate companies in the UK and registration is free and painless.

Place a couple of links on your site and if marketed well, people will click the links and generate revenue.

Remember you can always take the links away at any time.
Connector
I do this but between my own websites, and will be doing this to more effect this year.
Connector
Hi, thanks for this. I do already use affiliate advertising sparingly and only strictly relevant stuff but I just wondered if anybody was finding it was worth it. Cheers and happy new year!

better then affiliates

I look for business vechicles the require little investment but produce a high return asset baised like kyiosaki teaches abt in rich dad poor dad. I have found the perfet one for me it may be for you as wll. My investment was 200 and I made it back 20 times now in just 6 mos. If you are intrested take a look
www.*********.yourteambuilder.com/shell
Connector
I'm sorry if I'm being really thick but I don't understand this "...asset baised like kyiosaki teaches abt in rich dad poor dad" and I notice there are quite a few of these messages tenuously linked to threads on this board which is somewhat grating especially when no real effort has been made to use good grammar and spelling. I know some of my posts have probably had typos (okay, definitely rather than probably) but I'm not posting the same message on several threads trying to flog a scheme, it would just be courteous to take some effort over the messages and I know I'm going to be shouted down for this and I'm sorry to bang on and be overly grouchy but it is annoying!

Connector
Couldn't work out what he meant either, but the site he's promoting is as a Tiscali affiliate.
Connector
It's total spam - there isnt even any effort to contribute, just the same rubbish over and over.

Im going to report it to the moderator I think.

Take VISA/Mastercard in muliple currencies. 26 setup fee. 2Checkout have processed over $100M in transactions!
Connector
go for it

glad I'm not the only one hacked off! I think reporting it as a wise idea, I had a look (more fool me) and it is a total classic pyramid scheme that should be avoided by all accounts.

Connector
I have reported it.

Connector

That damn spam guy again!
Connector
I thought it was total 5hit.

I just wish I had of reported it instead of assuming (rightly) that you all know a scam when you see it.

We need ASOG - The Anti-Spam Special Operations Group, a team of top notch computer types that hack in and destroy all spam creating websites and tracks down the ones repsonsible!!!!!

Vending Solutions from Vendesent.co.uk
Connector
Hi guys,

I'm new to the forum and thought I'd post a reply to hollyyetmore as this topic discusses 2 of my favourite things, affiliate marketing and Tiscali.

First, in response to your question Hollyyetmore, I make a very good living from Affiliate Marketing. I started about 2 years ago when I built my first web site as a hobby. From there I built more websites and started to look into Affiliate Marketing in more detail. I then started to look for trends and gaps in the market where I could build websites around a product or service with an affiliate scheme. From there it's gone from strength to strength and I now do this for a living and earn a good profit from it.

The other reason I wanted to post on this forum was in response to people's reactions towards the Tiscali Network scheme. I have been promoting it for around 9 months now and it is by far my biggest income generator. Despite what people may think it is not a pryamid scheme, but it is network marketing. Tiscali are a public company and one of the biggest ISP's in Europe, do you really think they would get involved in something that wasn't legitimate?

Anyway I just wanted to raise the point that Affiliate Marketing can be a very lucrative money earner if done correctly.

By the way I have not joined this forum to spam it or openly promote any affiliate programs. Yes, one of my websites is in my profile but it is just a shopping directory, nothing exciting at all.

Cheers!

Kieron
Connector
Welcome to the board

Im not opposed to Tiscali's program - just to the spammer who posted about it.

I note with interest that the moderators have ignored the report?