This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Venues/bands

Heya,
Were a new sort of business-we promote and organise music events in South Wales-and we were just wondering if there are any venue owners/ band members out there that would be interested in working with us.
Get in touch,
sunny ('')
Banned
Probably not the best forum for venues and bands. I am sure ther are local band forums that would be much more useful.

I used to promote bands in Manchester. I suggest going to the local music shops and talking to the people there. That is how we got all of our bands and venues.
Connector
I'd recommend contacting the venues your interested in promoting and seeing what they offer/charge etc and then get yourself of MySpace to find some good local talent to promote!

Good Luck!
Connector
I once did a post on here to ask about music taste and the answers were very depressing. so dont hold out much for you here.

Who are you promoting at the moment and have you got anything lined up in Wales that doesnt involve lilting male voice choires and pretty girls blethering on about the bleak hills?
Connector
Give Paul a call at http://www.lnpsound.com/ he may well be able to help you out.

Latest Projects - Loudmouth | Make Up Artist Of The Year

Contact - 0121 314 0390 | info (at) bluecubemedia.co.uk | Website Design Birmingham
Quote:
Originally posted by moneyman
I once did a post on here to ask about music taste and the answers were very depressing. so dont hold out much for you here.

Who are you promoting at the moment and have you got anything lined up in Wales that doesnt involve lilting male voice choires and pretty girls blethering on about the bleak hills?
heay thanks

in currenty promoting DeadEnd, In The Firing Line, Criatura, Counter Clockwork and the afterlights new gig and then we're maniging Frankenzym and Akrid-stupidly lacal friends of a friend
and by the names in here i think you can guess that there isn't any 'blethering on about the bleak hills'
its all metal and heavy rock
Connector
I once heard coal described as Welsh rock.

by a welshman.

"sloeblack, slow, black, crowblack, fishingboat-bobbing sea.." There's lyrics to be reconed with.

(Dylan Thomas for those of you who dodged education)
Quote:
Originally posted by bluecm
Give Paul a call at http://www.lnpsound.com/ he may well be able to help you out.
i just visited the websight and its v.good
thanks,
sunny
Quote:
Originally posted by moneyman
I once heard coal described as Welsh rock.

by a welshman.

"sloeblack, slow, black, crowblack, fishingboat-bobbing sea.." There's lyrics to be reconed with.

(Dylan Thomas for those of you who dodged education)
lol,
this isnt that kinda rock thankfully
i don think a crowd would pay to see coal on stage,
sunny
Banned
My best advice for this, is that in general people don't want to see unsigned bands. Your customers are the bands and not the people who come to see them.

I suggest selling advanced tickets to the bands, this is also known as pay to play. This way you will break even before the event and you will get a much better turnout at the events. If a band says they can bring 50 people, this usually means 5-10. Believe me we know this from a lot of experience in this area.