This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Entrepreneur
Need info?

Hi, I was wondering what people thought of this as at the moment I'm not really sure that there is enough (if any) demand for this. I have a friend who has a fairly young but very successful business and in my spare time I do research here and there to help him out. In my day job (marketing) research is something I do on a daily basis and even though I find it very easy to find out certain things, interesting facts, that helps to sell an idea,market a product/business etc people are geneally amazed at the relevence of the things I source. I seem to be able to find the most random but useful information and very quickly - I am a professional Googler :-)

Anyway, I would be very grateful of your opinion on whether you thinks company's (either start ups or other) would benefit from outsourcing projects whereby they require extensive resarch done that they maybe don't have the time to do themselves.

Thanks very much
Guru
i think that would be a very good idea. I know that i sometimes find it difficult to get answers for some of my research
Entrepreneur
Thanks Myobar, I appreciate your comments
Connector
I think its a good idea, I am quite similar in that I am also very good at research and its something i have done for over ten years online (not as a business).

My previous job was doing this nearly every day and they found it of great use, I am sure many other companies would to
Maven
There are loads of companies that offer those types of marketing research services so there is definately a demand for outsourcing that type of work but it can be extremely expensive.

Companies could be very interested if you were to offer your services at a very competative price.

You would probably have to at the begining in order to build yuor portfolio, unless you already have one.

Good luck!
Entrepreneur
Thanks for your comments. Yes to start out I would offer my services for a minimum fee, or free to uild up the portfolio. At the moment I have only 2 companies that I have worked with. My intention would be to get to know the companies I am working with so that I could always be on the look out for them and so that if I came across research that would benefit them I could make them aware. Almost like an ongoing empoyee and aid but without the full time wages. I love to help others out and to see something grow and develop and from experience I find information and research in places that the business owners may not have thought or had time to look.
An example is a company that started about a year ago and when I looked at their website I felt it wasn't getting the point across enough in order to ultimately sell the product. I found some fantastic sources of info - stats from international companies, blogs and forums written by members of the public, all to support the need for the product.
If anyone would be interested to see what I can do for them I would love to gain further experience in this field and to explore if this is something I could do as a full time business.
PM me and we can discuss

Thanks!
Carla