This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Connector
OT: If you could write a book....

If you could write a fictional book, what would it be about? What would the plot be?

I just thought this would be an interesting question....You don't have to tell us about ideas that you may want to write yourself one day! Just ideas that have crossed your mind that you thought would be good, or plots that you would like to read...

Thanks!
Connector
I had an idea for a book called "Five Minutes" - a series of short stories about what you would say to someone if you had the chance to have just five minutes with them. It could be someone from your past, alive or dead, a celebrity or someone you've lost contact with for whatever reason.

My own five minutes would be with my dad whom I 'lost' 10 years ago before really knowing him, he was diagnosed with dementia and over the years I have thought of so many things I would love to say to him but know that i'll never get the chance to.

I figured that everyone out there must have someone that they wish they could have just five minutes with.

Maybe one day i'll have the time to write something. I've also got ideas for children's books that I would like to write, one day i'm sure I will but for now its just a pipe dream.

Steve
Entrepreneur
I tried to write a fictional novel when I was about 12, don't think it worked out

I'm not sure on any specific ideas but it would definately have to be something to do with space or the future. Maybe a post-apoc setting.