This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Entrepreneur
Business Awards

Has anyone actually entered a business competition or recieved a business award? Does anyone have advise on entering such a competition?

Thanks#
Connector
I came 2nd in New East Manchester Business Enterpize award winning 5000.. It was hard work, but paid off in the end. Look around your local areas for such comps, also forums, newspapers etc. Most of them will require you to submit a business plan before you get any further.

My advice to you is: take advice, do you market research, know your work and do it better then anyone else.
Connector
i received a shell live wire award in 2006 for "services to enterprise",i didnt actually apply they awarded it to me.
It was fantastic got lots of attention after it, people asking me to do interviews and dragons den asked me to apply for the show, but i was too chicken for that!
lol but it certainly is a good idea to apply.

"Make no small plans for they have no power to stir the soul." (Niccolo Machiavelli)

www.marveewoods.com
Marvee Woods Music
Talented songwriter
Entrepreneur
thanks for the info webprojectuk and natasha!

Natasha, what did you do to get the shell live wire award ? Do you have any advice for a newbie like me?

Thanks
Connector
LOL well... i received the award for the services i have offered to others through shell... like the business mentoring, helping out others on the forum and moderating which i dedicate my time to without being paid.

I would say definately apply for awards if you look on the business link site and go to the search for funds and support you will see all the awards that are going on... there are lots of awards for all different things.
Be confident and believe in what you are doing.

"Make no small plans for they have no power to stir the soul." (Niccolo Machiavelli)

www.marveewoods.com
Marvee Woods Music
Talented songwriter
Entrepreneur
Thanks for the info natasha. I will defo look in to this

Cheers