This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Entrepreneur
Business Insurance

Hi all,

first of all i must say this is a briliant forum!

im in the process of setting up my first business, registration going through etc. However i have the following query if anyone can help:

- Business insurance - who with and how?
y business involves emplyoying staff who will visit client sites. I know i need insurance for this but can anyone reccomend which broker or insurance company to go with?

Thanks
Guru
hi there, in my normal day job i work in insurance, i suggest you contact companies like Aon, Heath Lambert or willis.

You should be able to get a package insurance including your liability policies. any advise needed let me know.
Entrepreneur
thanks for the heads up MYOBar. I will check those compaies out. But there are loads of insurance companies, i gues it just a matter of contacting a fe for the best deal

Cheers

Kaizer7
Connector
I use Axa for a standard shop retail package. I get it via Hensure Insurance - who should be able discuss your individual situation with you and then recommend the appropriate cover. You should get them if you do a google search.
Connector
Do you mind me asking how much do you pay monthly for your shop? I ask as I am looking to open my own fishing tackle shop in manchester. And I have no idea how much I would be looking to pay for basic insurance policy.
Connector
I pay roughly £45 a month - works out at around £525 a year. That covers £10k of stock, plus a load of other things - buildings, fixtures and fittings , loss of business, public and employers liability, etc.
Connector
Oh, well, that's not so bad. What kind of shop do you have? I think I have found my shop - not 100% perfect but it's the best I will find for the money. It will allow me enough room to test the water and see what happens from there.

It would be interesting to here how you got about opening your shop and what you think about the whole retail business. So, if you fancy sharing some of your wisdom with me then please let me know.
Business Insurance

Hi,

I got a quote from HSBC the policy was with HISCOX insurance it covered for all my business inculding the Haulage side.

It covered for 1 millon, and the cost per year was £675, Whoever you are banking with or going to bank with I would chat to your business manager as they should understand your business.

Hope this helps and good luck with everything.

Simon
Guru
The names i gave are brokers so they will look around the market for you.
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by webprojectuk
Oh, well, that's not so bad. What kind of shop do you have? I think I have found my shop - not 100% perfect but it's the best I will find for the money. It will allow me enough room to test the water and see what happens from there.

It would be interesting to here how you got about opening your shop and what you think about the whole retail business. So, if you fancy sharing some of your wisdom with me then please let me know.
I have a golf shop at a fairly busy golf club. It's not your usual setup because the premises are provided for me rent free - no phone or electric bills etc. either - so it won't relate in all ways to your normal bricks and mortar business. Nevertheless, I'd be happy to share my experiences when ever I can.