This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Connector
My Fishing Tackle Adventure

Hi Everyone,

Just thought I would give you a quick update what’s been happing with my Fishing Tackle business…

1. I have been awarded a small grant from my local Enterprise agency to help me get the business going and purchase all the necessary equipment.
2. I have also entered into a Business Enterprise Competition to win £10,000 and have just gone through to the second round. This leaves me with only 2 more rounds before the final. So, fingers crossed I will just make it.
3. I have also applied for funding through Princess Trust and so far things are looking good.
4. I have found a Fishing Shop which I am interested in buying out and am currently in the process of researching the business i.e. accounts, overheads etc. If I was to go ahead with this, then I would be at least 12 months ahead of my original plans. However, I still need to find the funding to purchase the shop.
5. NE-Fishing website is in the process of re-development with the aim of improving the visitors’ experiences by introducing certain technologies which no other Fishing website has.

The next 3 weeks are very important… Because if things go my way then I would be one step closer to making my dream come true. However, if not then it could all end up in tears.

Thank you for reading.
Connector
Sounds really exciting, best of luck with it!

I live near the sea, but also a fish pond, so there seem to be quite a few fishing shops that work well here
Connector
Thank you for your reply. Yes, it's all going well at the moment but like said before it could all turn against me.

Fishing Tackle for most is unknown territory so funding can always be a problem. Hopefully I will come across few people who have the same passion.

Do you not fish yourself? If not, then consider going trying it! It’s great sport especially if you need some thinking time. When I need to get away from the world for few hours I just pop down to my local river and shut off! Also, helps me come up with new ideas and it’s very relaxing.

If you need any tips on starting out please let me know and I will try my best to help you… Also, if you know of any anglers please point them towards my tackle shop.
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by webprojectuk
Thank you for your reply. Yes, it's all going well at the moment but like said before it could all turn against me.

Fishing Tackle for most is unknown territory so funding can always be a problem. Hopefully I will come across few people who have the same passion.

Do you not fish yourself? If not, then consider going trying it! It’s great sport especially if you need some thinking time. When I need to get away from the world for few hours I just pop down to my local river and shut off! Also, helps me come up with new ideas and it’s very relaxing.

If you need any tips on starting out please let me know and I will try my best to help you… Also, if you know of any anglers please point them towards my tackle shop.
Hi,

I'm really no expert on tackle, I don't actually even eat fish myself, so it would be a bit cruel for to fish for fun I think.

Very occasionally my dad does go out with a mate, but they use a boat, sometimes they get Sea Bass, but more often Mackrel and Pollock. Not sure how they do it, I think they use some kind of line, like a crab line off the back of the boat? I think they also take Rods sometimes, dunno they go out really early so i'm hardly ever up! lol!

The pond down the road has fresh water fish in it, you often see people relaxing fishing there. Maybe it is fun, but i just dont see why people would hook something, pull it out of the water, and then throw it back in again.

I think I'm prolly missing the point, lol!

I'll ask my dad if he wants any fishing bits and will point him in your direction, likewise if anyone else I know asks.
Connector
Thanks! Let me know when you business takes off the ground. I will have a good look through your shop. You never know I might need something....

Good luck with everything...

I will give up trying to turn you into a fisherman.... I try it with everyone but it doesn't seem to work. I think you must be born with it... LOL
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by webprojectuk
Thanks! Let me know when you business takes off the ground. I will have a good look through your shop. You never know I might need something....

Good luck with everything...

I will give up trying to turn you into a fisherman.... I try it with everyone but it doesn't seem to work. I think you must be born with it... LOL
No worries

Will do, its taking a while, maybe by next xmas

Technically I'd be a great candidate for it living in Cornwall, but alas it seems to have missed me
Guru
webprojectuk

Where are you based?
Connector
Hi,

I am based in Manchester. Why do you ask?
Guru
Just i used to do alot of fishing in the north east and worked in the local tackle shop for a while. i used to fish with the likes of chris stringer, jim dobie, alex harvey. i also had a couple of boats 1 i used to use for fishing,
Connector
chris stringer? that name rings a bell! Sea angler? I think he used to fish our NE-fishing Winter Sea League 2005-2006. He was really good!

So, you still fish or have you given it up now? Which tackle shop did you work in?
Guru
I worked in ID FISHING in newcastle.

I have gave in fishing as i dont have the time now.
Connector
Oh, yes I know that shop. It's one place I always used to go for my bait.. Great tackle shop. So, I would assume I must have seen you in there at one point?
Connector
Another update on my progress to success.

This year has probably been one of the hardest and most successful years yet. Having totally dedicated my time to developing AnyTackle business I have managed to achieve the unimaginable. Only 4 months ago, I was totally unaware of the road I am about embark up on but things are much clearer now.

I placed my first order from China for 1200 fishing rod holdalls early in August this year – designed and branded under my name. On arrival to the UK the bags quickly became my best selling product. This move has been essential for the successful growth of the company and to date the most profitable. It took 3 years to build trustworthy relationship with the China manufacture and we are currently working together on developing further products. With this experience I proceed to buy smaller quantities of products from different suppliers in China and have never looked back since. However, I still do a lot of purchasing in the UK of high profile brands to ensure maximum capture of the angling market.

I have learned to value each customer and provide them with best possible shopping experience. My business model is based around Dell and something that no other fishing tackle trader can easily copy. It comes down to customer satisfaction and importance of having stock at the right time, price and ability to get out of stock items very quickly without disappointing the customer. Getting this formula right is not easy…. It takes time, planning, understanding of the market and your customers.

Following from here I was a runner up in the New East Manchester Business Enterprize competition on the 11th of December 2007 winning the business £5000 cash plus free publicity and free mentoring from some of the top business consultants.

The next big move for AnyTackle will happen in February 2008, when a new generation of fishing tackle shop will open it’s doors in Manchester. The full description of the shop will be kept top secret until the doors are open. I need to have some element of surprise.

Thank you for reading and I would also like to take this opportunity to say:

Merry Xmas and a very Happy New Year to you all…
Connector
Do you sell batteries?

Seems like a popular side line for the tackle shops.

PM me if you want some more info

Sam.
there is a show at stoneligh end of the year for fishermen etc, its called guns and tackle show, check it out on the web site, free to enter if you can show prof of running a company, be warned, you cannot sell at this show, or take photos, but good for getting conatcts

hope this helps

www.mandy4444.co.uk