This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Maven
Christmas Market Products

Afternoon,

We have just heard that we have been accepted for a stall at the local Christmas Market. We are looking forward to this as the footfall is huge!

What we would like to know is if there is anyone else who has done a market at this time of year and if you know of any small products we could sell that will have high demand at the market.

We have our core products, but wanted to bulk up the stall with more impulse buys.

Has anyone got any ideas?

Cheers
Tony
Maven
I've done a few Christmas markets in the past, and learnt from a few mistakes i've made.

If you're going to 'bulk up' you're stall, make sure that anything and everything extra that you're selling is relevant in some way to your core products.

A lot of customers that have bought my products turn into repeat customers - they like to see that I have products that compliment each other.

Something i've done before is to have:
Candles (core product) > Oil burners (complimentary product - low cost, high margin) > essential oils (to compliment the oil burners)

I always look at these types of events as a marketing event, a way to get my brand out. It's nice to make a big profits on the actual day, but it's even nice to pick up 20 - 30 long term customers.
Maven
Brilliant, thanks for that. At the cost of the stall we are going to do as much brand building as we can, but we also need to do some serious sales to cover the cost.

We do footwear, so we are doing add ons like socks, umbrellas, hats, but still need some other bits.
Thanks for the input.
Connector
Ohhhhhhhh, great idea!

*looks for his local ones*

Maven
Sorry, what does this mean?

*looks for his local ones*??

Tony
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by redgorilla
Sorry, what does this mean?

*looks for his local ones*??

Tony
Things included in stars (*) normally imply an action, like I'm going to eat a chocolate bar.

*munches on choc bar*

And I think he's trying to say he think the idea is good, and is off to find his local christmas market.
Maven
Seems I may have found a sales arena for him. Anyway Eco, let me know your products, may be able to work together.

Thanks Babyben.

Tony
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by babyben
Things included in stars (*) normally imply an action, like I'm going to eat a chocolate bar.

*munches on choc bar*

And I think he's trying to say he think the idea is good, and is off to find his local christmas market.
Yep indeedy!

All seem to be really expensive thou, do they ever work out, or is it more like a promotional thing to do.

Tony, Erm, ethical fairtrade,Organic etc.
Maven
Well they are very expensive, but the footfall is massive!!!

I have been told by a supplier that if you can get it, (which is hard) then do it, he said he knew a guy who cleared £35K profit in 4 days one year! Very busy!

So we are hoping for a good one!

Ethical & Fairtrade sounds good, we need them on our site. What have you got? Any pics?

whats the best email for you, get this convo off forum.

Cheers
Tony
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by redgorilla

I have been told by a supplier that if you can get it, (which is hard) then do it, he said he knew a guy who cleared £35K profit in 4 days one year! Very busy!

Ethical & Fairtrade sounds good, we need them on our site. What have you got? Any pics?

Cheers
Tony
Hi Tony,

I'm still in the process of setting up at the moment, when I launch intially its most likley going to be simple B2C retail.

Drop me an email at info at eco2you co uk telling me about your business, what your looking for and i maybe able to point you in the right direction.

TBH, i dont want vast profits, just enough to pay the bills/student loan
Christmas Fairs/Markets

Hi guys, just a quick query. Which Christmas market are you talking about as I'm looking to book some myself (based in Cornwall)? Also, can you suggest some others? I did 4 last year which turned out to be really good for us.

Cheers

Olly
Maven
There are loads around the UK, google it.

Tony
Connector
Re: Christmas Fairs/Markets

Quote:
Originally posted by odaglish
Hi guys, just a quick query. Which Christmas market are you talking about as I'm looking to book some myself (based in Cornwall)? Also, can you suggest some others? I did 4 last year which turned out to be really good for us.

Cheers

Olly
Hi Olly,

There are quite a few in Cornwall

Fowey is booked up

Truro you can only get if you have booked 3 others already this year..... and there are on dec 1st at Saltram House ( for food) and another one I cant remember.

I'll post the URL of the website here if you want, or I can email you.

They seem to be between 80-325 per day in the run up to xmas down here.

Which part of Kernow you from, and what are you selling?

cheers

drew

Erm, here's two websites:

http://www.dmevents.co.uk/ - Truro etc

This one should have pretty much all food/craft events on:

http://www.foodfromcornwall.co.uk/showevents.php
Connector
[quote]Originally posted by redgorilla

Cheers
Tony
[/QUOTE

Are You going to contact me?
Re: Re: Christmas Fairs/Markets

Hi Drew

Thanks for that, I've sent enquiries to all those so I'll wait and see. I'm based in North Cornwall and we sell Ollypop towels - www.ollypop.co.uk - surf towels designed to help people practice their pop-ups!

Cheers

Olly