This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

print and distribution

Hi guys
I'm new around here! have been reading some of the previous posts about my mag etc... and have found them invaluable. I'm looking at setting up my own local mag i have advertising sales experience so I figure that could be a good start. The two main areas I need help with are printing and distribution.
1. Can anyone give me an idea of the print costs for 4000 A5 32 page incl. covers full colour mags?
2 I'm thinking about doing a large percentage of my distribution through royal mail's door to door service and perhaps using a free distribution co like ALR to distribute the rest through local supermarkets -does anyone have any experience of ALR or any idea of costs?
Many thanks
P.S apologies if you'd already read this under another post but as i didnt get any replies i figured I best re-post with a better heading!
Starting Out
QUOTATION

Hi Poppy

We can print 5000 for £1300.

Do you have an email address where i can send over a quotation for you?

Best Wishes,

Kerryann
Connector
£1300 - you got a mask on?
Connector
What do you mean Andi?

Is that a good price or a bad price in your opinion?

Stuart
Beer Bottle Designer
Viral golf game
Connector
Id say it was an expensive price. What do you think stu
Stationery-Direct.co.uk's Avatar Stationery-Direct.co.uk Stationery-Direct.co.uk is offline
Connector
I'd say about right for a quality job, you get what you pay for at the end of the day.

Best we can do is:

4k x A5 Magazine
32 Page inc cover
130gsm, full colour throughout, gloss
Fold, collate, saddle stitch 2 wires & trim

£1210 inc delivery

..and no I don't wear a mask, well only at weekends ;-)
Entrepreneur
Hiya, Here is what we can do for you.

32 sided A5 Brochure - Professionally Litho Printed in Full Colour on 135gsm gloss paper:
2,500 = £848
5,000 = £1166

These are our standard prices based on artwork supplied and include ZERO VAT & FREE Standard Delivery.

Feel free to get in touch for more info
Brenden
print & design by brendo
www.brendo.co.uk
contactme@brendo.co.uk
Maven
Hi there

Try Fiona at Tartan Ink (http://www.tartanink.com/contact_us.html). I have used her myself and can recommend her on price, quality and service.

Hope this helps

Best wishes

James
re print & distribution

Hi Guys
Thanks so much to everyone for your Input I have now sourced the printer I'm gonna use - Although he may not yet realise who he is!!! and before you all ask it's not cos he's wearing a mask haha! on the distribution side though I'm still very keen to hear from anyone who has used ALR or knows anything about them??? One point I feel I must mention and it may be wrong I don't know but i would never consider using a printer (or any other service for that matter) who didn't feel able to put their address on their website!! Having looked at lots of print websites I'm amazed how many of them have omitted their address! I just would not feel happy paying up front for something without something as fundamental as the address being in the public domain!
Connector
You have made a very good point Poppy.

The kind of money you are going to spend with a printer you can't afford to take any risks.

If I can just give you one tip - Ask the printer for a sample pack - Then phone the printers customer. Tell them you have been just sent a printed sample and you were just phoning to find out how reputatable the printer was.

Far too many printers for my liking give out PO Box addresses etc. No way would I part wi my cash to a company who's address is a PO BOX.

Also look out if they are affiliated with any trade bodies such as the BPIF (British Print Industries Federation) The application process is very strict and only reputable printers need apply!

I'm that confident on my reputation and service I even give potential clients my home address to give them more confidence.

Anyways

Andi McCann
Cann Print
C/o HMP Peterheed! ;-)