This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Connector
Tyne and Wear

I am looking for entrepreneurs (16-24), based in the Tyne and Wear area who have set up, starting to set up, or thinking of setting up a business. What I am interested in doing is setting up a business forum where we can discuss ideas and help each other out. I have contacts with many industry leaders and professionals in their fields. If anyone is interested drop me an email at cjbell@blueyonder.co.uk, with your details.

Regards,

Craig

Sam Walton - Founder of Wal-Mart
Connector
There must be more people in the North-East interested in this. If anyone also has any ideas on how to market this, then drop me a line or reply to this post.

Regards,

Craig

Connector
I have only had two replies so far!

Come on people!

Craig

Connector
Hi Craig,

You may be interested in this:

http://northeast.shell-livewire.org/...1062079149.075

Shell LiveWIRE Team
Connector
Thanks mate, I ahve had a good look around there. As I thought, there is nothing aimed at 16-24 y/o, and many will most likely charge to take part. I am wanting to offer this service for free.

Craig

Connector
Don't content yourself with this forum and that's it. As good as it is, there are many other ways of getting people together. Depending on how you wish people to contact each other (meetings, emails, chat room etc), then there are places you can go to get more people interested.

Try sending out flyers to local schools and colleges, contacting your local chamber of commerce, getting the Newcastle Chronicle to run a short story on what you are doing (believe me, regional newspapers are glad of the copy!!) or get in touch with places like Connexions etc. A lot of Chamber of Commerces run a junior section these days.

There will be plenty of people out there willing to take part I'm sure. You just need to analyse where they are and how they are best reached. Put yourself in their shoes - where would you look for help from similar aged people? Why would you do so? What would you want once you'd found it?
Connector
Thanks Marketeer

Some excellent ideas there! Thanks m8

Craig

Connector
Anyone else have ideas? Has anyone ever set something like this up in another part of the country?

Craig