This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

advice needed

I have an idea for a range of handmade cards to sell to the general public. They are football shirts form famous teams. They could also be rugby shirts. and they even have little logos attached to make them look more authentic.

This is where i need the help:

I m aware that i need permision to sell these cards

but where do i go in order to seek this information
and what should i expect to do in order to seek it. i.e a simple phonecall/ net conversation or some form of personal presentation.

I would add a photo but this is the fourth time i have wrote this message now and each time i send it with a photo i loose the message so you are just going to have to use your imagination

sorry.
Connector
You absolutely must seek the permission of the copyright owner to use their intellectual property on your goods. Try emailing or writing to them first - contact details should be on their respective websites. Above all, obtain written permission and keep hold of it - it's a fast-track route to misery if you don't!
Connector
people get very possesive of there logos and other trademarks, clubs like manchester united dont like any old person using there crest and have been known to inforce this.
I saw your earlier post but as it was locked i couldnt respond, my wife makes cards as well, and things like iris patterns and stiched card patterns can sometimes only be sold with the credit being given to the patterns creator, one of the big sites for stiching patterns, even sell stickers to put on the back of cards that will be sold using there patterns.
Also a lot of decoupage images state that they cannot be resold on them.

Sorry to make it sound like doom and gloom, but there are ways around it.
For instance creating your own patterns or using your own decoupage images.
Thank you all for your help.

The cards that i plan on making are completly my own designs im in the middle of designing stamps for a new collection possibly after christmas.

Trying to find out which background paper etc i can use tho.

as for the football shirts i will get in touch with the copyright owners. it cant hurt to try.
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by millymolly

it cant hurt to try.
agreed

Latest Projects - Loudmouth | Make Up Artist Of The Year

Contact - 0121 314 0390 | info (at) bluecubemedia.co.uk | Website Design Birmingham