This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Connector
I'm sure Vista will improve greatly overtime, the same as XP did, it was ***** when it first came out but steadily improved.

what annoys me is the fact the developers still are ***** coders, what happened to the 'creme de la creme' attitude of Microsoft, I bet they subcontracted 'Abdul Patel' to do it LOL
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by amy_517
I never start using a new version of Windows until at least its first service pack has come out, and usually not until I have no choice but to switch. I paid for my 4gb of ram and I need it for running programs, not being hogged by the shiny windows on the stupid OS!
But Aero uses your GPU memory, so it uses less RAM than normal interfaces
Maven
That's interesting, I didn't know vista uses GPU memory - but all the more reason to avoid, for me, because so does the software I use most. : )
Connector
your be fine running XP for a couple of years yet, so no need to panic even though they are stopping support for XP in 2008.

I'll get it at the last possible moment, Vista is really only for DirectX 10, although with a few tweaks you can run DX10 games on XP so there is no reason why they are forcing users to buy Vista.

what gonna happen in another 5-7 years? Vista XP, or Windows Xtreme? ??? LOL

your never stop this if the majority buy the software, if everyone refused to buy Vista, they would have no choice but to improve XP or find another money scheme.
Starting Out
I am an XP fan simply because they bought out the first service pack as before then XP was as much of a headache as the rest have been.

Vista is a great OS and has some amazing features which once you get used to it, you will love, there's a lot of annoyances with menu's being changed and "dummed down" but for a person like me who makes money from people breaking their PC's its a dream.

The learning curve is difficult to get used to but there is a lot of great stuff under the hood. Don't give up on it especially as once the service packs come out you will never talk of XP again.

Thanks
Matt
Connector
Change overs are always an annoyance. I actually spent about4 hours yesterday just getting myself fully aquainted with it. It's not that bad once you get used to it. The new features are nice (particularly the post it notes feature you can put on the desktop)
Just have to wait a few months for the service pack...

WHAT'S YOUR PASSION IN LIFE?