This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Affordable web design solutions

If you are a startup company you may be interested in our offer of web design services. A website is usually the first point of call when a customer wishes to research the service or product that you are offering. Starting at £200 we can offer you a package to get you online. For more information please visit our site at
http://www.pmd-ezine.co.uk
Connector
I could only get on one of the links on your site, but tables, HTML 3.2 and spamming forums - sounds like a plan!
Connector
OMG!
Connector
(sniff)

this wreaks of self promotion

Latest Projects - Loudmouth | Make Up Artist Of The Year

Contact - 0121 314 0390 | info (at) bluecubemedia.co.uk | Website Design Birmingham
Entrepreneur
What their first post.. promoting a service that they are selling with a link to their website in the post as well..

Can't be self promotion surely not
Jagalaw
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by jagalaw2
What their first post.. promoting a service that they are selling with a link to their website in the post as well..

Can't be self promotion surely not
what is self promotion lol
Connector
This highlights why members are confused over the rules; and why decent members get upset when they are snipped for mistakenly posting a link.

Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by Sunee
This highlights why members are confused over the rules; and why decent members get upset when they are snipped for mistakenly posting a link.
The problem is the level of active involvement by the administrators of this forum.

Its simply non-existent - check the stats.

EmmaLiveWire - 0.03 posts per day.
Julia (Who is Julia?) - Zero Posts ever.
mikipedia - 0.02 posters per day - last post 13-11-2006

They should be averaging a post per day in my book. The best administrator has been Thickchick, and previous to that Statler and Waldorf (for those who can remember).

This places a huge amount of pressure on the moderators to be the face of Shell - issuing warnings and doing the dirty work (completely unpaid for their time). What it doesn't do is allow the admins to judge the mood of the forums, to see what needs changing to make it better.

Now, I've heard time and time again that Shell has a whole team working on LiveWIRE - It would be interesting to know what they do day to day and why 5 mins from each of them can't be dedicated to the forum.

All the problems associated with the current forum could be solved by an upgrade - and for an organisation the size of Shell, I don't feel its too much to ask. Heck they know we've offered to do the work!
Connector
What about Widgey and Rachael - they're the most active!
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by RichardJohn
They do have lives outside of Shell and now that Rachael has left (don't blame her at all) that leaves Paul

****** all point waiting for an admin to sort it out, we would be old and grey before that happens.
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by Martin
They should be averaging a post per day in my book. The best administrator has been Thickchick, and previous to that Statler and Waldorf (for those who can remember).
Couldn't agree more...
Connector
Spam and self-promotion threads are now slipping through the net more than ever. There are 4 posts on page 1 of this forum already.
Shell could lose some of it's more senior/valuable members over this, I know im getting tired of it.
I would like to see administrators coming on at least once a day and issuing a permanant ban to members who spam or self promote in their first post as a member
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by RichardJohn
I left them out because they're unpaid volunteers who also have businesses to set-up or run.

Plus, like Phil has said Rachael has stepped down. (And as another ex-mod I don't blame her ever)

Its the admins who need a wake up call. You just can't run a forum like this and not expect problems to arise.

This forum itself requires heavy moderation because the damn features of VBulletin which are meant to help with this have been removed! Simple things like Warning and Report This Post Buttons, RSS Feeds, Private Messaging!!!!