This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Connector
Google Adwords (again)

After following advice from Andy (10 yetis) I went and bought SYB magazine for the free adwords voucher.

Can anyone give me a little insight into how google adwords work?? Would they be any use to my business which currently has zero rating in google...

Also can you do then in relation to a specific theme - for example if I wanted to start my christmas campaign could I do them just on christmas words then stop that in say December and change to something else??

I'm totally rubbish at anything like this and don't want to waste cash!!

Thanks
Rach
Connector
yes you can do loads of campaigns with different words, keywords etc

thus

Could have 1 campagin for 1 site, 1 for another, etc and in each campaign have different adverts etc

i currently advertise 4 sites through google with around 2 campaigns on each. 1 has 4 campaigns
Maven
Adwords is the most sensational direct response marketing vehicle in the history of marketing. Never before in the history of advertising has it been possible to spend £5, write a couple of ads, and get access to millions people in less than 10 minutes.

Before you even consider the technicalities of putting a adwords campaign
together, you need to understand a basic truth. My guiding philosphy is:

"Become Your Customer"

You've probably heard this a thousand times but so many people fail to follow it, your customer doesnt give a damn about you,
your company or what you sell. All they care about is "whats in it for me?"

Keeping this basic truth etched into your mind, you need step back a bit and review your offerings from your prospects point of view. You have a website, so is the page your prospect is going to land on, aligned with the question that she was asking?

remember she has a question in her mind so answer it?Promise in your adwords ad to provide a solution in the form of abenefit and then lead her to the solution.

Keyword research is critical to your success, so review your keywords in the context of

a) Your Own Business
b)Adwords Profitability

What your looking for Rachael when researching keywords is as follows: High number of searches for keywords/keyphrases that are not so
competitive so not only will you get seen on the first page but your cost per click will be minimum. Providing you've written a good adwords ad, and it continues with the same theme when the prospect clicks through to the landing page, your CTR (Click Through Rate) will be high, your bid prices for keywords and keyphrases will be reduced and Google will reward you with a high position, because the "RELEVANCY" of your ad.

Your cost per click and daily budget depends on the keywords and keyphrases you select. Try to spend your time putting together a long keyword list, this is the key difference between companies who spend spend spend, who dont know the value per visitor and the educated marketer who careful selects word and phrases which receive alot of searches which has virtually no competition, all because you took that bit longer finding those golden words.

Any questions please dont hesistate to get in contact. I've outlayed a solid foundation to help you get started, which is more sensible than a information overload message.

Wishing you all the success in the world,

Work: 08700343880
Mobile: 07931764461
Twitter: @wordsofmagic
LinkedIn:http://uk.linkedin.com/in/paulanthonysmith/
Connector
put simply speaking it is the adds on the right hand side of google. nothing to do with the rating of your site.

he who pays the most per click gets top spot. But if you are near the top and dont get chosen too often you will slip down. lower than number 10 means you dont get seen.

you can run loads of different adverts for different searches.

try and be specific it cuts down the wasted viewings. try misspellings etc.

You just put in an advert and the list of search phrases where you want to pop up (it will tell you how much to pay to be included on each). I paid £2.50 for some and 4p for others. you can alter them for each search phrase..

Bung in a maximum spend and only allow countries you are prepared to deal with. No point in having a hairdresser advertised in the states.
Connector
Rachael, last week I had a great week in terms of customer conversion rate from my website. Adwords did it for me.

it actually cost me 94pence to get the customers I did from adwords.

really good way of advertising. Some Marketing and SEO people moan about it and say some pathetic things, but it does more for me than any seo company has done.

WHAT'S YOUR PASSION IN LIFE?
Connector
Adwords can be great but be prepared to lose a bit of money when you start. it takes time to really get the grip on using it.

It is worth it. Do a lot of reading on adwords first online. Forums like forum.digitalpoint.com is a good start one you have had the basic
Connector
May I ask, what is SYB magazine? and where can you get it from?

Also, what value of adwords does the voucher give?

Thank you in advance.

Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by Sunee
May I ask, what is SYB magazine? and where can you get it from?

Thank you in advance.
Its Start your business magazine and you can get it from WHSmiths, Boarders etc...tbh it's pretty useless and full of advertorials but there are a few nuggets of info in there. I didn't realise that the 'voucher' was actually on the back of the magazine so I didn't really have to buy it...tomorrow when I get into the office I'll scan it in for you and you can read the ad.

Rach
Connector
I appreciate that; thank you very much

Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by Sunee
[B

Thank you in advance. [/b]
You can use the link below

http://services.google.com/marketing/links/awo_welcome/

Its a $50 voucher but you can still use it for your sterling adwords account. Google will just convert it to pounds equivalent about £30. That applies for new accounts only
Connector
Quote:
Originally posted by Sherry_D
You can use the link below

http://services.google.com/marketing/links/awo_welcome/

Its a $50 voucher but you can still use it for your sterling adwords account. Google will just convert it to pounds equivalent about £30. That applies for new accounts only
Thats the same offer in SYB