This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Insurance for hypnotists

Hi all:

Just wondering if any of you know of a company that would be willing to cover a stage hypnotist for public liability insurance for a minimum of £1 million, maximum £2 million?

Thanks

Maven
I'm not completely sure, but I think that you may be classed as an 'alternative therapist', which is also linked to beauty therapy.
Try contacting:
*Professional Beauty Direct
*Guild of Professional Beauty Therapists
*FHT -
*BABTAC
*Holistic Health Federation

If they can't directly help you, I'm sure they can point you ine the right direction.

HTH

Bizz
Connector
A good place for advice on obtaining insurance, is either the 'Federation of Ethical Stage Hypnotists (FESH)' or 'Equity'

Connector
Balens are a popular insurance company for alternative therapists, although I don't know if stage hypnotherapy would come under this; hypnotherapy for therapy certainly would.

www.balens.co.uk

Meditation and Sound Therapy
Quote:
Originally posted by Spiralling
Balens are a popular insurance company for alternative therapists, although I don't know if stage hypnotherapy would come under this; hypnotherapy for therapy certainly would.

www.balens.co.uk
Filled out their bridge insurance form and just waiting to hear if they can get me insurance from anywhere. They near enough said exactly what you said to me above. They can cover me for my clinical qualifications, but not sure about the stage.

Fingers crossed I can get it. Had a rough estimated quote yesterday and minimum was £2000 (I nearly dropped dead and that wasn't from Balens I have to add) because my Reiki insurance was only something like £89.