This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Starting Out
Possible business idea?! help/advice ?

Hi,
I'm interested in starting a website where you can search local trades (plumbers, kitchen, bathroom companies, electricians etc) and can view comments on their professionalism, workmanship etc. My parents rececntly had a kitchen installed with a number of problems.It would have been good to hear other peoples opinions on their company beforehand. What are your initial views feedback of this idea? I could relay the feedback to the companies that are signed up allowing them to improve their service for a fee ? I realise that companies will perform their own customer surveys but a more anonymous reporting system will allow smaller problems, issues to be recognized. Any comments, suggestions on the idea as a whole and possible next steps would be appreciated! thanks in advance,

William S.
Starting Out
smooooth.

found a similar site doing a more detailed search... someone beat me too it!
Connector
what's stopping you doing it aswell? develop good relationships with the relevent governing bodies, such as SummitSkills, IPHE, CITB, CORGI etc... and list QUALIFIED individuals! stay away from the BIG companies such as Pimlico plumbers for example they charge disgusting prices!! I would concentrate on the one-man-bands, make sure they are properly qualified!

nothing really stopping you doing this, apart from yourself :P

I even had an idea that QUALIFIED sole traders could bid on work to be done, it doesn't matter who out bids, the customer just knows that they will get quality service (obviously each individual workman would have to be vetted beforehand), I would start that business myself if I could be bothered lol, give it ago! just give me some 'Adsense' revenue as a thank you when you make it rich *hahaha*