This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Find out more hereX

Home > Discussion Forum

Discussion Forum

Banned
Hits and advertising

Hey guys,

I recently launched a website which is beginning to get some interest from potential sponsors.

They include big corporations.

Only problem is, I'm finding it quite difficult to juggle organising the site's content AND negotiating with advertisers.

I think I need an outside party to look after the advertising side of things and also focus on building up the site's hits.

Does anybody know of a company or person who could do this?

Your help is much appreciated!

Ruari :-)
Connector
Hi Ruari, congratulations on your site.

Do you mind me asking what your site is and what advertisers are interested?

This site may be of interest to you, it was posted up on the forum a couple of days and I bookmarked it...

http://www.etype-europe.com/

They deal with big corporations such as Coca Cola and Sony, I don't know how big your talking though.
If you're getting to the stage of big names wanting to advertise with you it might be time to go speak with some of the bigger online advertising agencies. Some of them offer website representation - they'll deal with the advertisers on your behalf. You might be able to get someone like 24-7 RealMedia to do it (they manage campaigns for quite a few big name sites).

Or if you just want a hand try looking at an open source ad management system. Openads is such a product and it's free: http://www.openads.org/ - I've used its predecessor before.
Banned
Thanks for that.

I'm not sure if they'd take the project on at this stage.

Would it be worth there while?

Nationwide want to sponsor me but I don't think it would be big money (to begin with anyway) - maybe around £500/750 for the month.

I've also had advertising requests from Lloyds Bank, efinancialcareers.com and FX Player.

The problem is, the site needs a lot of content put up on it and I'm also holding down a full-time job!

I'm beginning to realise I may be an editor at heart rather than somebody who negotiates deals etc.

Do you think it would be better to find a business partner who has experience in sales/getting sites more hits etc?
Connector
As long as the advertising agency is getting paid it's worth their while helping you.

As you know Nationwide and Lloyds TSB are very big companies. As your site becomes bigger and gets more hits you should be charging them more to advertise with you.

It's a shame that you currently have a full time job because if you could get Nationwide as a sponsor you could put some of that money back into advertising and marketing your site. Things would snowball from there.

Have you thought about quitting your job to focus on this?
Banned
Course I have but I gotta face upto reality.

Bills to pay!

I'm gonna work my nuts off over the Summer. Hold down this job and then work on the website in all my spare time.

By the end of Summer I'll hopefully be making enough off the site to sustain a living.

Then it's off to London to REALLY get things moving.

What I'd really like to do is meet somebody with sales experience who can really push the site for me over the Summer?

If anybody knows of anyone I'd be very interested...